LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
who here can/has chirped 3rd gear in there near stock car? (TPI, LS1, LT1, ect)

i dropped the hammer today and by some random act of god i chirped 3rd gear, never did that before :D kicker is my car damn near bone stock - clutch and things like that. plus ive only been driving this car hard for a little more than a month, so im still somewhat of a newb when it comes to driving a powerfull 4/5/6 speed (i drove my dads 2.2 5 speed sonoma for a few months but that doesnt count :D).

NOTE : i didnt put this in a tech section because id like input from all generations/powerplants

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have sumitomo HTR +'s (245's) in the rear, probably could use some new ones. well there goes my thunder and coolness factor:(

o well, was cool when it happened:D

·
Registered
166 Posts
My buddy's 2000 Z28 did when he was bone stock.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine chirped 3rd on the test drive...The car is pretty much stock except for cut-out cats (had a bad one) and O2 sims for now....

New tires,6spd and what looks to be the stock shocks on a 130K mile car...

-Milt

·
Registered
330 Posts
My 99 T/A when I had it (brand new - lemon lawed) would do it, and I got my 93 to do it a few times when it was stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
not an lt1 or ls1, but my 350tpi/paxton supercharged iroc could chirp third with an auto and 4th post 6 speed swap, on some cheapish 255-50-r16s. My 04 gto can chirp third too. without the traction control on, second gear is more of a burnout than a chirp

·
Registered
112 Posts
TheWraith said:
not an lt1 or ls1, but my 350tpi/paxton supercharged iroc could chirp third with an auto and 4th post 6 speed swap, on some cheapish 255-50-r16s. My 04 gto can chirp third too. without the traction control on, second gear is more of a burnout than a chirp
Mmmmm....GTO....sweeeeeeeet!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Does this count: Bolt on 93 Trans Am with a street twin clutch. I was barking 2nd, 3rd, AND 4th badly. :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
gettinthere said:
Out of an LT1?? Was it raining or something???

lol Just kidding. :p
Sucka!! :p Actually, it was all clutch. Have you driven a street twin? Buttery smooth but N-A-S-T-Y when it comes to grabbing. Never had wheel hop problems before that clutch either.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Fastbird said:
Sucka!! :p Actually, it was all clutch. Have you driven a street twin? Buttery smooth but N-A-S-T-Y when it comes to grabbing. Never had wheel hop problems before that clutch either.
I can vouch for that...it doesn't really slip...it just grabs!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Depending on how much boost mine will. I'm trying to keep my shit together, so I don't do that too much ;)

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Fastbird said:
I've never driven a street twin. It sounds like my Spec stage 3. It's either on or off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts