LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Ukraine, friends! I've read that you very proud of 1/4 mile results of yours Camaros, but I want to say you that in our country Camaro considered as slow car on 1/4 mile. There are two simple examples:
Race on street between Lada 2107 and Chevrolet Camaro 4gen 350 with supercharger Powerdyne BD-11A.
Race video
As you can see, Camaro clearly lost this race.

Second one is a 1/4 mile race between Lada 2107 again and Chevrolet Camaro 4gen with 502 engine and drag tires. Result is still the same.
Race video

So as you can see, Lada is better for drag racing, but Camaro is better for rich kids. Hope you enjoy it. ;)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hello from Ukraine, friends! I've read that you very proud of 1/4 mile results of yours Camaros, but I want to say you that in our country Camaro considered as slow car on 1/4 mile. There are two simple examples:
Race on street between Lada 2107 and Chevrolet Camaro 4gen 350 with supercharger Powerdyne BD-11A.
Race video
As you can see, Camaro clearly lost this race.

Second one is a 1/4 mile race between Lada 2107 again and Chevrolet Camaro 4gen with 502 engine and drag tires. Result is still the same.
Race video

So as you can see, Lada is better for drag racing, but Camaro is better for rich kids. Hope you enjoy it. ;)

Wow, such a generalized statement from an anecdotal experience. The Lada is quick (and obviously modified). That "502" Camaro likely wasn't a 502, but slow none the less.

On to the first video..... that was a race? I'm sorry, but if you think you can go full throttle in those congested streets, the actually go full throttle, your car isn't fast. I would never attempt to race my car in those streets, ever. I've been to the Ukraine and know the condition of those roads, sorry. Maybe in a Lada 2017 I'd feel comfortable giving it all it has (cause I won't be going to fast). But in my Camaro, I rarely go full throttle on the interstate unless there's at least 1/8 mile (200 meters) of clear road in front of me. Anyway, I didn't see any other car in the "race", but did see a Camaro (not sure if it was a LT1 or not though) pass after you slowed down due to traffic.

The second video, again, nice Lada there. Good mods. You can hear that turbo spool. But as far as the Camaro having a 502? Not sure I believe that. What were the 1/4 mile times? Trap speeds? Both cars? That Camaro seems to be more riced out than modded. Look at the hood and tires, yet no launch. I've launched that bad off all season street tires.

It seems you've come here in an attempt to stir the pot. O.k, that's fun and all that. But, if you ever get a chance to come to Arizona with your Lada, PM me. We'll go hit the track. And no, I'll never take my Camaro there. I may be tempted to sell it there!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That white Camaro is truly with 502cui engine. Here is a photo of it:

Lada's ET from second video - 11,6s.
White Camaro's ET - 12,9s.

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
:roflmao: 11.6 is booking it! My non-Lala mobile went 10.85 but we don't use the metric system here so you must be faster than that! Silly poor kids and their Lalas. That first video is funny, he's grabbing 2nd gear before the light turns green. I like to wait for green lights, must be a rich kid thing.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
:roflmao: 11.6 is booking it! My non-Lala mobile went 10.85 but we don't use the metric system here so you must be faster than that! Silly poor kids and their Lalas. That first video is funny, he's grabbing 2nd gear before the light turns green. I like to wait for green lights, must be a rich kid thing.

Waiting for the light to turn green is over rated. Don't you know, 4 bangers need turbos and early launches to have a fair race? There's ricers works wide, it's an epidemic!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts