LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed all my sensors and my 95 caprice classic with lt1 idle like its loping and idle high and engine check light is on

·
Global Moderator
12,988 Posts
You need to put an obd 1 scanner on aldl. Then read codes. A running sensor scan would be helpful also. This would tell you if sensors are reading in the correct range.

Sorry, but I do not know of any 95 caprice service manuals for free download, to help you.

And welcome to the forum.

PS On a 95 you can't read codes without a scanner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried obd1 scanner didn’t get anything l notice cooling fan are running the engine light on But when fans go off so does the light and fans go off for minute comes back on light does to need help

·
Global Moderator
12,988 Posts
Some of the scanners on the market that read obd 1 codes, don't read every obd 1 car. You need to find a scanner that will read your 95 caprice.

I also suggest finding a factory 95 caprice service manual. Does your 95 caprice have a 12 or 16 pin aldl connector? I ask because 95 f-bodies have a 16 pin aldl, but are still obd 1 cars.

You can download the 95 or 94 f-body service manual at the following link. It will share most of the engine & computer controlled diagnostics with your caprice. www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

First thing to do is to see if aldl connector wires are in good working order.

When you tried to scan car, if aldl is 12 pin, scanner needs an external 12 volt power supply to scan for codes or do a running sensor scan. If you used one of the real cheap scanners, they only work by shorting the aldl terminals together. Only works for 93 & older GM cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts