LS1LT1 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello all after fixing my car i decided to do a oil change its been sitting for a while and when drained the oil it looked like chocolate milk?? Should i be worried? Because i am lol I know when i changed the cam seal and opti seal i cleaned the front of the block with water and cleaner you think that could of caused it when mixed with the oil? Should i change the oil let it cycle and change it again after it running for awhile?? Any suggestions
Hey there buddy
Sounds like head gasket seal, that is coolant mixed with oil.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think water got mixed in with it when doing seal changes or condensation from it sitting for about 6 months

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think water got mixed in with it when doing seal changes or condensation from it sitting for about 6 months
Well, if you think you got water mixed when you changed the seals. Use some engine oil flush to flush everything out. Add new oil, run it for about 10 minutes so the new oil can circulate. Shut it off and wait a week again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yea because i was cleaning the front of the block pretty good with the water hose while i got the seals off to get all the grudge out.Ok ill look into some oil flush i never used before. Cool

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is the car overheating at all? Sometimes it can not be the head gaskets, there are engine plugs on the sides that can get corroded and let antifreeze pass through to the oil.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I started a new thread on here that my dash temp light is on but its only at 176 degrees. I think the sensor on the side of the block bad or o still got air in the cooling system?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I started a new thread on here that my dash temp light is on but its only at 176 degrees. I think the sensor on the side of the block bad or o still got air in the cooling system?
Yep,
My guess is on the coolant plugs aka (freeze plugs) they are on the front and back of the heads I'm 90% leaning towards that to be your problem. You can keep on purging the cooling system and if those plugs are bad you will keep on getting air in the system. Check this link.
https://www.motionraceworks.com/products/motion-raceworks-ls1-frost-plug-brackets-set-of-4

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's kind of hard to know exactly how to tell if the freeze plugs are bad, the plugs work kind of like a bottle cap. Did you watch the video I sent you a link to?:sneaky: When it comes to brown milky oil then you are messing with a different deal all the time, it is hard to exactly pin point were the problem could be. if your coolant is brown then you have bad emissions and your head gasket is bad or the freeze plugs.Every time head gaskets are replaced I replace the plugs too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yes i did but really hope it not the freeze plugs. I barley drive it or even abuse the stock motor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good luck buddy, wish I could be more help! Try the Engine flush, follow the instructions on it. I hope that takes care of your problem without having to tear up the engine.

Best of luck,

El Matador.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts