LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No one sells the center consoles for my '94 anymore. All i really need is a console lid and repair the hinge. Anyone sell a hinge repair for the center console lid?

cardo

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would just get a thin piece of perforated aluminum and fiberglass it onto the bottom and then mount your hinge to that. easy way to repair yours.

Or look around fleabay, craigslist, junkyards and such to find one. try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market they tend to have a lot of good things there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Eckler's/Rick's Camaro has them but they are expensive, they want $194 for them. If you haven't already go online to Ricks Camaros: 1967-2013 Camaro Parts 1-800-359-7717 An Ecklers Company - Ricks Camaro Parts and order a free catalog, they specialize in F-bodies 1970-2013. Lots of hard to find parts and average prices. I have ordered a factory seat cover kit for my 94 Z28 and changed from the original black and grey to the torch red and black, looks great since my car is red too.

Either way check them out, good people there!

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would just get a thin piece of perforated aluminum and fiberglass it onto the bottom and then mount your hinge to that. easy way to repair yours.

Or look around fleabay, craigslist, junkyards and such to find one. try Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market they tend to have a lot of good things there.
I tried to fix mine once already. Used epoxy made for plastic but the hinge never really worked right. Fit up of the console lid is not very forgiving.
Making an aluminum hinge show like an interesting idea.

cardo

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eckler's/Rick's Camaro has them but they are expensive, they want $194 for them. If you haven't already go online to Ricks Camaros: 1967-2013 Camaro Parts 1-800-359-7717 An Ecklers Company - Ricks Camaro Parts and order a free catalog, they specialize in F-bodies 1970-2013. Lots of hard to find parts and average prices. I have ordered a factory seat cover kit for my 94 Z28 and changed from the original black and grey to the torch red and black, looks great since my car is red too.

Either way check them out, good people there!
I tried Ricks and several other camaro parts houses already w/o luck.
That link to Ricks does not go to the center console in there catalog.

cardo

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
What part of SoCal are you from? Maybe I can help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I tried Ricks and several other camaro parts houses already w/o luck.
That link to Ricks does not go to the center console in there catalog.

cardo
I just got a new catalog 2 weeks ago from them and the lid is listed, once I put the part number in on their search bar it came up discontinued. Sorry, didn't realize it was discontinued, you would think that they would have removed it from their catalog!

The link provided was not intended to be a direct link to the part, merely a link to their website to order a catalog or search their site.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Tbh, and please don't make fun of me lol.....my hinge snapped in 2 places, I sanded it, jb weld the broken piece on it, in place on the lid, sand and paint...worked great, can't even tell

·
Registered
763 Posts
My lid broke years ago. I tried a metal hinge but it broke so I just left it as is. If someone has a sure fire fix make sure you post pics and how to. Of all the 4th gen sites I have yet to see any threads regarding this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts