LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 firebird formula pretty much all the bolt ons besides forced induction and ive done a trickflow cam and gasket matched and ported stock intake manifold everything ignition is new. Ok so im having a problem the car runs amazing when its cold as soon as it gets up to like 170 and 180 operating temp it runs terriable breaks up bad sputters back fires and bogs so bad it is actually hard to drive it loses all power and wont get out of its own way the cars been tuned and if i let it sit for around an hour or so until cool runs great amazing power no problems until it gets to operating temp anybody got any clues or answeres? Thanks

·
Global Moderator
13,428 Posts
Did you have pcm tuned for cam and other mods? What are the specs on your cam?

Sounds like your problem has to do with closed loop running. That is where pcm relies on sensors, especially o2 sensors, as well as others to correct the fuel mixture. If you haven't tuned the pcm for the cam, that could be doing it.

But, you should connect to an obd1 scanner, one that not only reads codes but does running sensor scans. The data being shown by scanner can be an important clue to what's wrong. Also read for codes as not all codes light the check engine light.

If you don't have an obd1 scanner, that's what your 95 has, even though it has the 16 pin obd2 dlc. Get a cable that will hook car's dlc to laptop or desktop usb port. Get cable at www.aldlcable.com

Next you will need a program to scan your car. In the sticky threads of this section, we have a free obd1 scan program, made for our 94 and 95 cars. It's called scan 94,95. It reads codes, not only regular codes but ABS and SIR codes also. And does running sensor scans.

When you click the link to download scan94,95 also download DataMaster. It's a trial version good for 20 free data scans and unlimited data playback. Where DataMaster rules is it's ability to log your scan data to a file which can be played back in real time.

This way if your having trouble with the data, you can upload file to a file sharing site and link it back here for members to examine and help you.

If you don't have a clue to what scanner readings mean, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you the pdf file of "scanner readings and what they mean".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually figured out the problem the car has been tuned but my buddy has a engine diagnostics computer we plugged it in and my tps was way out of wack we re set it let it get to operating temp everything was good so we left the computer hooked up went out and drove it to make sure all the numbers were correct and they were now the car runs amazing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts