LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine is buying my 95 Formula roller and will probably be putting in a carbed traditional SB. He has the motor and will be using it as a drive it to the track weekend kinda ride. I would like to know if anyone here has done it and what were they able to still use? Can he run a 700r4 and use an electronic speedo sensor? Is there a wire that the pcm uses for tach signal to make the factory tach work? Will the fans operate normally with the lt1 sensor and the pcm not seeing the engine running? other questions to follow im sure. Just please dont lecture on how the lt1 would be a better way to go. Thanks in advance,you guys have been a big help on alot of things with that car for me and will be for the 97 I picked up to replace it.

·
Global Moderator
13,430 Posts
The problem with using a back mounted distributor on 4th gens is, if you have to work on the dist, you have to drop the engine.

If your going with a sbc , why keep the computer system at all. Get after market speedo and tack and hook them up.

Fans can be wired through a switch without the need for pcm turn on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trying to see if it can be done a lil cheaper than buying all the extra gauges and looking to see if there's a neater way.the fans already work on a switch but that means you have to turn it on and off as needed,it's nice when it works both ways.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
81 Posts
Fans can be wired into a thermo sensor attached in the block or radiator . Jegs and summit have all types of those auto on fan switches and wiring kits
As far as distributer I'd go with a msd pro billet low profile distributor might help or save you a little more room to work with

1 - 4 of 4 Posts