LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 Z28 turbo 350 trans. ac heater front torsion bar smog pump gone, Frame connectors and rear end gurdle added, What do you think this car weighs? no t- tops.
What suspension adds will help on the launch? We have a 12.3 1/4 best time but have increased the compression to 11.2 ported and polished heads 30 pound injectors 58 mm throttle body cam 5.45/ 5.65 we get a little tire spin with 305/50/16 dot slicks best 60' is 1.8 I have some 11's Mustangs I am after. Help Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what LCA's are are the the lower links? You have a big cam in that 2000 Z How does it run?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,943 Posts
skipjobe said:
I don't know what LCA's are are the the lower links? You have a big cam in that 2000 Z How does it run?

LCA's = Lower Control Arms. They help wheel hop and give you better traction.

As for my cam, it runs pretty strong. I trapped at over 120 with the mods in my sig. I'm swapping it out for a bigger one though. My car is a bit of a guinea pig for a local shop, so I get to test out all sorts of fun stuff. The new one will have a 240+ duration and .600+ lift.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Torque are will REALLY help. I have one and LCAs and LCA brackets. See sig for outcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have replaced LCA's with home made adjustable and lowered 3" LCA's I should be 100 hp ahead of where I was when I started, I am hoping for the mid 11's it looks like I will be able to make it to the track weekend after next. The panhard alongwith a rollbar fire suit are on my short list, I have only had the car for 8 months so I have to build as the liquid funds become available. As for your LS1 it sounds like you are in a great situation to have some heavy duty gear heads wanting to experiment on your car, I just bought a car lift and a transmition jack last weekend so it will make it much easier to work on the Z. because so far I have done all my work laying on the ground including pulling the trans 3 times. 120 mph sounds great on your Z, That is where I am hoping to be with the current mods, The LS1 really responds to mods if I knew more when I started I might have held out for A LS1. But the mods are more expensive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,943 Posts
skipjobe said:
I have replaced LCA's with home made adjustable and lowered 3" LCA's I should be 100 hp ahead of where I was when I started, I am hoping for the mid 11's it looks like I will be able to make it to the track weekend after next. The panhard alongwith a rollbar fire suit are on my short list, I have only had the car for 8 months so I have to build as the liquid funds become available. As for your LS1 it sounds like you are in a great situation to have some heavy duty gear heads wanting to experiment on your car, I just bought a car lift and a transmition jack last weekend so it will make it much easier to work on the Z. because so far I have done all my work laying on the ground including pulling the trans 3 times. 120 mph sounds great on your Z, That is where I am hoping to be with the current mods, The LS1 really responds to mods if I knew more when I started I might have held out for A LS1. But the mods are more expensive.

Ever watch the show Pinks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
So is SLP hooking you up get?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
skipjobe said:
94 Z28 turbo 350 trans. ac heater front torsion bar smog pump gone, Frame connectors and rear end gurdle added, What do you think this car weighs? no t- tops.
What suspension adds will help on the launch? We have a 12.3 1/4 best time but have increased the compression to 11.2 ported and polished heads 30 pound injectors 58 mm throttle body cam 5.45/ 5.65 we get a little tire spin with 305/50/16 dot slicks best 60' is 1.8 I have some 11's Mustangs I am after. Help Thanks.
TQ arm is a must, go with the chasis mount adjustable. will translate all your power much better (i bet a curtain sponcer here could help)

QA1 shocks at all 4 corners...will aid ALOT in both weight transfer and "push" on your rear

solid end link rear sway bar... will keep the car true off the launch and insure minimal TQ twisting

Adjustable panhard... keeps your rear centered under your car.

results in sig :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
oh yeh... your front and rear bumper supports take 30 mins a peice to take out(give or take) and combined weight 75lbs... sound deadening fluff under the carpet weights 25-30 lbs, takes 45 mins to remove. all the heat sheilds 30 lbs takes 45 mins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jaberwaki, Are your front wheels of the ground? LOL I am dying to have that picture, I just ordered some racing seats, so it is time to start looking at a lowfat diet what you described is .1 second. racing seats and removing the rears may make another .1 second. The adjustable torque arm is on my list, the solid link sway bar is new to me, the QA shocks, What is the function different from stock. I bought this car in April and have rebuilt the trans twice,and the engine, so like all dragsters I have to put the biggest bang for the buck that I can. If the car turns an 11.49 they will require a roll cage, fire suit, 5 point harness, these are all good things but i have already spent $8000 on this car this year. But next motnth and next year. We will keep going. If you were going to prioritise the mods what would they be. If I don't use the Nitrious the manditories will not apply. But the elevens are so close and my Mustang buds are already there. And you just gotta love whupping on those Stangs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
skipjobe said:
Jaberwaki, Are your front wheels of the ground?
yup i put em up about 6"s in the air when i launch.

the QA shocks, What is the function different from stock.
they are 12 way adjustable, allows you to dial your suspention in for the track conditions that day :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,137 Posts
Need to get more out of the car as far as weight goes. This will help 60's, ET,MPH, and easier on parts.

Getting the traction to the ground is "easy", just got to think it thru...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have racing seats on the way so the stockers are ou there way out, I am going to the track this weeked to see how the new mods shake out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,190 Posts
good luck :thumbsup:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top