LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1994 z28 starts then dies immediatley, but then after it starts no problem and starts multiple times after until it does it again, The Optispark has been replaced with a $500 MSD billet distributor, i have installed a new fuelpump and pressure regulator, Any ideas?

·
Global Moderator
12,988 Posts
Even though this is a 4 month old thread, I will provide some answers.

You need to have a fuel pressure tester mounted to fuel rail. That way you can check fuel pressure. It should be around 43 psi @ key on prime. Tape gauge to windshield. This way when car doesn't want to start you can see if fuel pressure is too low.

Another thing that will keep engine from running is if you have code 16, 41, or 42. All of these are ignition codes that don't light the cel. All will prevent engine from running. Download the 94 service manual at the following link. It will have trouble code info, & troubleshooting. www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti.

Another thing that prevents engine from running is a security system problem. Normal key on mode is security light comes on for several seconds, then goes out. If security light stays on, you have a problem. If light doesn't come on at key on, then you need to fix security light. Then see if light stays on.

Security system explained in factory service manual. And @ www.shbox.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts