LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 95 Chevy Caprice it was running a little rough so I went ahead and change the distributor and wires and plugs after changing all of that it starts right up but still has a mess but only is really noticeable when car is in drive also noticed motor makes weird noise when punching it in Drive but in neutral seems very clean if someone could help please.

·
Global Moderator
13,678 Posts
When you changed plug wires, did you put them on the correct cylinders. I ask because opti uses a different wiring order than SBC.

Your engine shakes in drive because a load has been placed on it. Many times a car will run fine in P or N but fall flat with a load.

Must ask this question, what brand opti did you buy? If you bought anything but a GM, Delco, or Delphi opti, you bought junk. The only way to test opti low & high resolution signals is with an oscilloscope. The opti sends out a square wave signal to PCM. If signal drops out or the waveform is off car will miss.

But check the plug wire routing 1st. You can get plug wire routing info at www.shbox.com
#9 in electrical section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts