LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night went to the track went for a burnout let revved up let out on the clutch car popped outta gear never moved. Now i can put the car in gear and let out on the clutch and it just makes a funny sound in the front can't really explain the sound but the car won't move. Driveshaft doesn't turn speedo doesn't work. It also looks as though my passenger side axle is broken or bent because the wheel itself is tucked in and moved towards the front. Also it's a zoom full clutch kit on stock t56 any help would be appreciated before I pull the tranny and kinda see what I'm gonna be looking for.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So last night went to the track went for a burnout let revved up let out on the clutch car popped outta gear never moved. Now i can put the car in gear and let out on the clutch and it just makes a funny sound in the front can't really explain the sound but the car won't move. Driveshaft doesn't turn speedo doesn't work. It also looks as though my passenger side axle is broken or bent because the wheel itself is tucked in and moved towards the front. Also it's a zoom full clutch kit on stock t56 any help would be appreciated before I pull the tranny and kinda see what I'm gonna be looking for.
Let me just write this disclaimer first: I know nothing of the T56 in specific, but have dealt with plenty of other transmissions. Applying those concepts...

It sounds like you snapped the input shaft at first glance. I mean the drive shaft/speedo won't move unless the car is moving, so that's to be expected. The input shaft breakage doesn't explain why the passenger axle would be bent, though. Also possible you shattered the clutch, but I don't think so.

I'd say get the trans off ASAP to see the damage, you'll probably know what's up as soon as you separate the trans, unfortunately :(.

EDIT:
The passenger side axle could mean the diff blew, but you'd know if that were the case. There'd be oil all over the place and sounds when you tried moving it would come out of the rear, obviously.

Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable than me can lend a hand here :).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Flat black

Did you do any drivetrain upgrades prior to or after your build? I'm in Fayetteville with a build very similar to yours, well under construction any way. One thing I can honestly say is that the more I read the threads posted here, the smarter I get about what to upgrade. At this point my car won't see the track until I upgrade my heads, rearend, axels and maybe have my intake plumbed for a wet shot. My car is an A4 and a wise man once told me to modify my car according to how I plan to drive it. I'm not trying to come off like an a-hole or anything, I'm just sharing what I've learned and I'm still learning. Learning from studying is a lot less painful than trial and error.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts