LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys I just took everything off to do a opti swap.. since I have the water pump off I changed the water pump drive seal and opti seal now im jw bc my opti was filled with coolant the gaskets were pretty shitty installed on the waterpump from whoever was in there last.. so im trying to think if the waterpump failed or if the gaskets were just bad.. the waterpump is out of the car now is there anyway I can test it? to see if it leaks threw the weep hole?.. or I can just do the weep hole mod and start the engine but if I only have to take the waterpump out once that would be great!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
It would be very difficult to accuratly test it because of the flat mounting surface

If it was leaking at all, you should see staining at the weep hole, if no stains are present. Should be ok

·
Registered
112 Posts
Like either coffee stains or something that might look like oxidizing aluminum. Any foreign staining @ the weep hole

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you made plates to fasten to the pump and blocked off all inlets but one and rigged up a pressure tester it would be possible, just difficult.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts