LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing my optispark-- vented type.

Can I buy the cap/rotor, ignition control module, and locktite and seal the case myself? Seems that the OE stuff has dried up on the internet.

The bottom of the case has 2 vent ports and 2 hoses. What is what-- is one po and the other neg pressure? Where can these go to get better, cleaner ventilation?

How to index the vented opti: the cloverleaf seems to have one groove different-- is that the one that fits over the metal nipple on the cam?

·
Global Moderator
13,163 Posts
Shoebox site has vent diagram & indexing pic. www.shbox.com

Cap & rotor are available. I believe your talking about the optical module as a spare part. And not the icm as it's mounter outside the opti with the coil. If it is icm that you want, it's available as a spare part.

The optical module is not usually offered to the general public. In the past I've seen a few companies offer the module, and say it's a Mitsubishi module.

But I doubt that China made modules being offered as oem, are really Mitsubishi. China is shameless in offering counterfeit parts with the original logo. And in a copy of the original box.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Shoebox site has vent diagram & indexing pic. www.shbox.com

Cap & rotor are available. I believe your talking about the optical module as a spare part. And not the icm as it's mounter outside the opti with the coil. If it is icm that you want, it's available as a spare part.

The optical module is not usually offered to the general public. In the past I've seen a few companies offer the module, and say it's a Mitsubishi module.

But I doubt that China made modules being offered as oem, are really Mitsubishi. China is shameless in offering counterfeit parts with the original logo. And in a copy of the original box.

cocobolo95 is right. I have found the Mitsubishi module. Was years ago and IF I remember correctly it was for some foreign car. No idea how I found it, sorry.

My 95 has the original Optispark, no troubles and it did get doused by the water pump. Just cleaned it up and it's good. Probably just went up in smoke:)

Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts