LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 94 z28 takes forever to start in morning it's REALY cold out but after you get to stay running it runs fine .. Why? Check engine lights on to

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
get it scanned to find out why the check engine light is on, that's the first step. might be related, might not

there are lots of sensors (especially temperature sensors) will really screw with cold start behavior

·
Registered
377 Posts
you have a OBD1 94 LT1 which any GOOD Auto Zone will scan it for you...
but, they don't usually have ACDelco parts for you car.
Crow-Burlingame "bumper to bumper" does sell ACDelco.

·
Global Moderator
13,566 Posts
You need to get a scanner for your personal use. Ebay and Amazon usually have the Actron CP9145 scanner, which does obd1 and obd2 cars, for around $140. It not only scans for codes but does running sensor data scans, that can be helpful in diagnosing running problems.

Since you own a 94 with a 12 pin dlc connector, you would also have to buy the Actron CP9127 adapter for about $30

Another alternitive would be to turn your laptop into a powerful scan tool. You will need a special cable to connect car's dlc to usb port on laptop. You can get at this site ALDL OBD1 OBD cable OBDI OBD2 engine codes $60 for cable. For your program you can use the trial version of DataMaster available at TunerCat Gives you 20 free data logs and unlimited data playback. DataMaster is an excellent scan program and you can playback your sensor scans in realtime. That way if you need help, you can upload to web for members to view your sensor data.

Another good scan program is freescan. The site is currently down, but if you want freescan, pm me with your e-mail address, and I'll send it to you. Freescan, as name implies, is free for life.

DataMaster, if you wish to scan after the 20 free ones, is about $90

1 - 5 of 5 Posts