LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SS hood but it isn't functional. The vent needs to be cut out. What parts do I need to make it functional? thanks btw its a 95 z28

·
Registered
807 Posts
I dont know the answer , I am sure your hood can be made to work better, however be very cautious before hacking into things. There is probably someone out there that would be willing to pay a good price for an SS hood in unmolested condition! Someone on this site will probably be able to give you some good conservative advice.ed

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hawks thridgen has the after market grill insert for the after market ss hoods. The ss intakes are getting hard to find there are some after market ones out their. I picked up a spare ss intake to have just in case mine ever breaks for $80. You'll find one just have to do the searching.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hawks thridgen has the after market grill insert for the after market ss hoods. The ss intakes are getting hard to find there are some after market ones out their. I picked up a spare ss intake to have just in case mine ever breaks for $80. You'll find one just have to do the searching.
I have the same hood as you. It's an aftermarket SS

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
to make it funcional you need the ss intake box and tubing, yes its functional till about 60mph with the ss intake and box.....
if you dont have the intake and box I dont see why in the world to open a whole where water will roush into your engine and so.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts