LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building a 383 next year. Budget limited due to baby daughter.

So, I have to stick with the heads I have now, which are fully ported by Lloyd Elliot, 2.00/1.56 valves, flow around 272/191 @ .600.

Now, peak hp isn't going to be all that high due to the heads, but Lloyd agreed with me that the tq and HP curve under peak should be very fat and the car should be fast just because avg hp will be high through the rpm range.

So, with that in mind, how much cam? If I'm not going for peak numbers, do I shoot for an XE 236/242 or do I step down to something like a CC306 and use the slower opening ramps to my advantage since with 383 cubes low speed tq won't be an issue?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The 306 cam will be a nice cam for a 383 works well with your range of power. Id go with the 306.

·
Registered
482 Posts
How much do you drive the car?

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drive the car on weekends only...it maybe gets 100 miles/month.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Oh the get the XE. If its only a weekend cruiser you dont have to worryly driveability. I say hit the XE cam go big or go home.

·
Registered
27 Posts
not yet but i will in a few days..Its getting tuned at dpeed inc as we speak... I have a sound of my 224/230 112lsa that I use to have though... Its on ls1sounds.com under cutout or flowmaster

·
Registered
993 Posts
97m6formula said:
not yet but i will in a few days..Its getting tuned at dpeed inc as we speak... I have a sound of my 224/230 112lsa that I use to have though... Its on ls1sounds.com under cutout or flowmaster
So you are getting it worked on at Speedinc? Any word on it yet?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts