LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was on my way home tonight when these 2 vettes find me. One is an 05 C6 vert (LS2). The other I've seen around and it's a H/C LT4. Well first the LT4 wants to play. We went from about a 30 roll up to 120ish. I had atleast 10 cars on him. Then his buddy in the LS2 wants to play. I ran him first from light and had about 4 on him when I shut it down. By the way he launched I'm guessing he was a 6 speed. Then from a 40 roll up to 120 I put about 5 on him. Not a bad night.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bawls said:
10 cars on a h/c LT4? Sure he wasnt stuck in reverse? :p

The car is a dog for some reason. It should be ALOT faster than it is. Unless he's full of shit and it's a H/C LT1 instead of a H/C LT4.

That I could believe.

Or maybe he got out of it early. :shrug:

·
Registered
329 Posts
gettinthere said:
The car is a dog for some reason. It should be ALOT faster than it is. Unless he's full of shit and it's a H/C LT1 instead of a H/C LT4.

That I could believe.

Or maybe he got out of it early. :shrug:
Ummm...yeah so LT4's are hardly better than LT1's--when stock only about a 30hp advantage. I love dispelling the myths that make LT4's seem so sweet :cool: I find your story hard to believe, or at least the way you judge distance. Unless you're running low 10s-9s, you couldn't have had TEN cars on a heads/cam LT4. Seriously, was he in reverse?

·
Registered
194 Posts
contraststriker said:
Ummm...yeah so LT4's are hardly better than LT1's--when stock only about a 30hp advantage. I love dispelling the myths that make LT4's seem so sweet :cool: I find your story hard to believe, or at least the way you judge distance. Unless you're running low 10s-9s, you couldn't have had TEN cars on a heads/cam LT4. Seriously, was he in reverse?
:werd:

Good story though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
good story and nice kills

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
ten cars aint that much... its about 1 second... if the other guys cant drive and only runs 12's then its totally believable.....

it would look like this........

;)

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it was truely an LT4, I'm guessing that he got out of it before I checked to see how far back he was.

And like JAberwaki said, I'm good for 11's so if he's running 12's then that's about 8-10 cars.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well my guess is it was a LT4 hot kit. Which is only good for 425fwhp. My buddy has a TA with stage 2 LT4 heads and intake and hot cam with increased ratio RRs. He put down 386/35X with that and full bolt-ons. So I can see the vette getting a beating by a 500+ FWHP LS1.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That'd make sense. And for the record I'm well over 500fwhp. I'm putting down 430rwhp on a Mustang Dyno which translates to 465rwhp Dynojet. Assuming 14-16% parasitic loss thru the drivetrain that'd put me in the 530-550fwhp range.

My goal is to get it to 485 on a Dynojet, which I think I can do.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
have you taken you pile to the track yet to see what you are really running yet?

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jaberwaki said:
have you taken you pile to the track yet to see what you are really running yet?
pile? Damn

I'm goin 9/14 to really put it thru it's paces. I've gone 12.0 and 11.90 on 1/2 assed runs. Full weight, not shifting where I should, babying it out the hole..........stuff like that. I've gone 11.5's @120+ on a simulator. I'm gonna hope to go 11.40's.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
gettinthere said:
pile? Damn

I'm goin 9/14 to really put it thru it's paces. I've gone 12.0 and 11.90 on 1/2 assed runs. Full weight, not shifting where I should, babying it out the hole..........stuff like that. I've gone 11.5's @120+ on a simulator. I'm gonna hope to go 11.40's.
dont take the pile comment personal... i call everyones car(including mine) that when referanced to the track...(unless you are running sub tens;) )

good luck on the 14th then... :thumbsup:

we are hoping for 11.dohs once we get better weather and our pile in one peice :cool:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
same here... 2500+ DA's the day i ran 11.5

·
Registered
70 Posts
Man 2500! I thought 1500 was bad!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
yeh 2500 is pretty normal in VA/MD in the dog days of summer....

95+ degrees 80-90% humidety ect ect ect...

but when its good.... in MIR its REALLY good...
last year we had like 3-4 weekends at
-2000 to -3000 ..... there was alot of personal bests broken....alot of parts broken too :lol:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow! -3000. That would put me in the 11s on my crappy 1.80s. So if you are 11.50s at 2500 with a 115 trap, you must be HC or big F'n cam. Man I need money!

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm hoping that after 6ish it'll get into the 60's. Mid sept there really isn't any humidity, so it should make for some very good racing. Plus I'm going to Rt.66, one of the fastest tracks in the country.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh yeah. I am going there too this Sep. My car runs great there. I have not been there since it was new. I like Byron too. But not how busy it has been getting. Next trip out for me will be Rt.66. Post up when you go. I will head out too. But I am going to wait till it gets cooler and hopefully by then gas prices will be better too.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts