LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
bottom end question

i just bouught a 96 trans am and am getting ready to order a whole shananagan of parts for it including a vortech kit and afr heads my qeustion is this? if i use the 195 afr lt4 head is the only thing i have to change the intake manifold? or are there other modifacations that will have to be made? also would that combination be any better than the afr lt1 heads and a stock intake? this car needs to be completely streetable and will be driven fairly freqeuntly. and will the stock bottom end be capable of holding this kind or power?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yes intake will be the only thing to change. With that i would go slightly bigger TB and just know you cant just slap a vortech on. Valvetrain will be a big issue. Depending on your PSI will tell if your bottom will hold. Either way with Power adders your living on borrowed time with stock anything. A4? youll need a converter..gears are a must..tuning. Lots of stuff. Need more info really.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
what about the heads will the lt4 heads 195 heads and intake make more power than the 180 lt1 heads and stock intake? or will they be over kill for a stock cam?(witch im planning on swapping out when its time to rebuild the whole engine). also as far as compression and psi of blower as long as i stay around 4.5 - 6 psi couldnt i use a head with a larger combustion chamber to help that factor?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts