LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I have a 1995 Z28 M6. I am building a 383 at the moment and looking to make it a boost friendly motor. I already have the 383 kit with eagle crank and rods and speed pro pistons but recently bought a procharger and not sure if my combo is right for boost.. Any suggestions on Pistons selection to get lower compression. Also a good head selection for boost, I was planning going to go with a lloyd elliot stage 2 heads and custom cam. Any input would be great Thanks
:LS1LT1flag:

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was jus lookin for a lil input or suggestions... Maybe someone runnin a low compression lt1 can suggests specs that they are running

Shoebx, Yea i was thinkin I may have to start all over with a forged set up.

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Show no mercy... that gives me a better idea of what im workin with.. I was lookin to be around 9:1. but not sure if i wanna fork out the $ for custom pistons

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
first off.... how much boost are you looking in to run?

1) your pistons and piston rings will have to do a lot here to withstand boost...
2) 4 bolt mains will come handy and will give a piece of mind
3) a boosted application design head gasket is a must
4) I wouldnt go over 10:1 compression ratio even with 5psi.
5) if its a cast crank dont even think about boost, specially with eagle rotating assemblies, I have seen this cranks split in half without even having a higher compression ratio or over revving.
6) your tune will be the most important part on your build, have a professional tuner design one for you application and specs
7) which cam are you thinking about using, custom grind? off the shelf?
8) fuel injectors are a must at least 34# or higher
9) fuel pump upgrade is a must
10) what octane levels are around your area can change the whole story

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts