LS1LT1 Forum banner

blower intake update (pics)

6K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  NXSLT1 
#1 ·
Got a few of the pieces almost completed. I have to make one end cut on the bottom piece and I'm waiting for my angle vise to get here so I can drill the holes in the side pieces. After that I'll have to bolt it to the motor and get some measurements for the top piece. Here's a few pics of what I've got done so far. I'll have a long weekend this coming weekend so maybe I can get quite a bit done on it. And yes those are balls of aluminum foil holding up the side pieces. lol

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice! I can't wait to see how it looks when you get done!

Keep us updated with pics through-out the process... I just finished my heads/cam and realized I forgot to take pics for the write-up... DOH!

#4 ·
Got the other end of the bottom piece cut today. Fitted the pieces up to an old GEN1 block and heads I have, everything looks good so far. Angle vise got here today so maybe I can get the intake pulled off the car this weekend and get some measurements for the top piece. I'll keep yall posted as I go, it's a slow process when you have a day job. lol

#5 ·
a few more pics

Bolted up the pieces I have to the LT1 today. Everything lines up pretty good. I'm getting excited about it now!! Here's a few pics..........

#7 · (Edited)
Took some more pics today. I made a mock up top piece out of plywood just to see what the blower will look like sitting in the engine bay, it's not an exact fit but it gives me an idea of what kind of room I have to work with. This is a GMC 4-53 blower, it's the exact same as a Weiand 142, looks like that's what I'm gonna have to go with unless somebody wants to buy me a whipple. :lol: Looks like I've got plenty of room for injectors and intake ducting up top. Actually I have about a .5" more room up top than what is showing in the pic.

#10 ·
Haven't worked on it in a couple weeks, too much other stuff going on. I got the metal for the top and the injector bungs last week, maybe this weekend I can hit a lick or two on it.

#11 ·
Bought me a blower last week, I'm slowy getting everything together. Gotta put new bearings and seals in it but that's a piece of cake.

#15 ·
It is something I thought about doing since I had my hands on a root charger BUT the TB plumming seemed like a PITA! So I sold it. I'd be interested in the end result.

I thought I'd seen a roots charger with the pulley that turns the impeller at the back of the block so that the TB is mounted in the front. Can't remember for sure.

#16 ·
Mounting the TB and intake ducting will be a piece of cake compared to making the intake. I'm rebuilding the blower right now then I've got to buy a short snout for the blower so I can try to keep as much of the blower out from under the cowl as possible. After that I have to weld up the main body of the intake then I have some more maching to do for injector bungs, bolt holes, blower outlet hole then machine the mating surfaces and get them true and square. And then after all that start on the TB and intake ducting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.