LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to the group, I only recently joined up so I will give a brief introduction. I am working on a 1958 Biscayne that is getting an LT1 transplant engine. I am very familiar with Gen 1 SBC and have build many of these for various projects. I decided to go with an LT1 for this build so I would have a reliable power plant with AC while giving me 300+HP and looks great due to the very compact package. I have three engines that I am using for parts so I have some questions related to pros and cons of a few of the parts. Currently I am making a decision on the intake. I have two versions right now and dont know which is better. One has the fins on top angled near the TB and the other is square near the TB. The red one came out of a 95 caprice and the other is unknown. I also have to get up to speed on the ECM. I have two of the 16188051 to work with both have factory Caprice programming. What programs will I need to be able to upload modified configurations to this ECM? I ordered an extra set of ECM connectors to build a benchtop programmer but havent done much more than that yet.

Gas Engineering Machine Auto part Titanium
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Red Automotive exterior Gas

·
Global Moderator
13,678 Posts
if your computer & wiring harness is from a 94-95 car, the system is obd1. The tunercat obd1 tuning software is good, as well as easy to use.

They have a 30 day free trial of the software. But the trial comes with the wrong definition file. You'll have to pony up 20 bucks to get the $EE definition file. If you wish to keep tunercat obd1 tuner forever, it's about 100 bucks.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed a LT1 in my 1977 corvette. Used the 700R4 that came with it. Simply a great package with conventional sbc engine mounts. I sent my ECM and wiring harness to EngineWiring.com and they stripped the harness of all unnecessary components and rewired in oil pressure, water temp. and tach connectors. Also fuel pump relays and fan relays. They reprogrammed the ECM and included a great color wiring diagram and instructions. Great guys to deal with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know that the LT4 intake is slightly different from the LT1 but I don't know what to look for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts