LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I looked around in the forum and the web, but could find nothing, not even on you tube. Since the engine is far in the back, I need to find an easy way to work on it the best way. Inspection etc is just a bit tough, when you not know where to start with the engine. They say you can drop it out, but never saw anything for the V6...if anybody did this before and can let me know how to check and maintain the engine best and easy way let me know :) Would be nice :)

Lars

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
it's not that bad, depending on what work you're doing.

honestly for any major work done in the bay (say a head gasket or pulling the intake), you'll be pulling the rad anyway. you can stand in the hole in front of the engine and basically hang out in the engine bay, sitting on the rad support.

i do get it that it sucks leaning over that engine bay though, hurts your back a lot. same with a lot of sports cars though. lay a towel over your fenders so you dont scratch them, and just get in there.

v6 f-body isnt any harder than a v8 in that way

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are you wanting to do ?
Just trying to locate the Vacuum leak and get the engine out of the way somehow...I am all new in this V6 Stuff. I will get me some help from a friend Monday, he works on his 3.8...guess I do a bit to much at once here :banghead::lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts