LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I've got Qa1 coilover kit but don't remember the spring rate. The roads in Russia, Moscow are not so good as in the US. When we installed them the car became lower, but that doesn't matter. The problem was in the shock mount that has been torned out after getting in a big pothole on the road at the speed aprox 55miles. What kind of springs can you recommend? Need something like stock, but a little bit firmer. Qa1 of course, cause the shocks are in great condition. And besides, the spring with 275rate is softer then 315, or firmer? Thanks. P. S. Camaro and Firebirds fly in Moscow too:) not only in USA. Sorry for my English, didn't practice for a long time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i personally would just email QA-1 however, i will say the higher the pounds, or lbs, if the firmer the spring is from what i can gather a 275lbs is for drag cars that you aren't going to be driving on a daily drive. The 300lbs is your nice ride quailty. And 325lbs is your stiffer better cornering ,less body movement, spring.

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
If its a stock weight lt1, I'd go 325. If it has some decent weight reduction, 300. I believe they sell a kit to use your stock springs on the qa1 shock itself. Maybe you should look into that direction.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx a lot. Ordered 325rate springs. Waiting for the summer:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts