LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand is the best replacement? Probably going to have to replace mine for the 4th time and i want it to be the last!!! HAs anyone had problems out of an msd box burning up their opti's? The original cap i replaced when the water pump went, then the 2nd cap went when the coil lead burned through the front of it, 3rd was the accel cap that was bad out of the box, now i think the accel optispark has gone bad after about 100 miles. Thinking GMPP because i didn't really have trouble out of the first one, just swaped it for preventative maint. and have caused alot more maint. i am afraid. Anyway does anyone else have a msd box on their opispark???

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Stop replacing just the cap.
Bite the bullet and buy a GM complete opti-spark.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did replace the whole thing last time. it is was an accel and a piece of crap.

·
Registered
630 Posts
WOW that's good. I have been holding off on installing my MSD 6AL system. I was running on my previous 94 Z28 A4, with a a1cardone reman opti and it worked great.
My current 94 Z28 A4 only has 53K original on the car. And i got a Delphi complete assy waiting to install. But some people have said the MSD 6AL burns the opti up. But I think i am going to install the MSD 6AL on my Z soon with the factory opti. And see how she does:D
Been running an MSD 6A for 10 years. No problems. Stock opti.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've been running an Accel unit for going on 4 years now...no problems yet *knock on wood*

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I got my self a GM complete opti, just opened it and took the srews of, and place some red lock tite. no problems at all!

·
Registered
6 Posts
my name is oscsr an i have a 1995 corvette,optispark crap out on me month an half ago bough axcell, one from saccitycorvet, in LA CA had some bad wires at coil an icm conectors, fix all thats check with metor, all good mow so my question is what opti to get, whats the best other than a GM unit what is second best to bye.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my name is oscsr an i have a 1995 corvette,optispark crap out on me month an half ago bough axcell, one from saccitycorvet, in LA CA had some bad wires at coil an icm conectors, fix all thats check with metor, all good mow so my question is what opti to get, whats the best other than a GM unit what is second best to bye.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts