LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys like the title says whats the best place to get stock lt1 aluminum heads ported and what price could i be looking at. the car will be used as a street car with occasional drag strip visits

·
Registered
807 Posts
Ok, since the subject is head porting, at what point do you think it is
prudent to get the cyl. heads ported ? I guess saying it another way, at what point in the realm of H.P output would it be best to have your stock heads ported? ed

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Can I have some of this money you're wasting? I could use it. If you want the best street car get a dyno tune and call it a day.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ok, since the subject is head porting, at what point do you think it is
prudent to get the cyl. heads ported ? I guess saying it another way, at what point in the realm of H.P output would it be best to have your stock heads ported? ed
I would say once you get past bolt ons then head porting work would be a good option. Most people go with cams first and most cam only builds put out around 350rwhp but if paired with heads they could reach closer to 400+ depending on how aggressive the cam is and what not.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can I have some of this money you're wasting? I could use it. If you want the best street car get a dyno tune and call it a day.
already been tuned on current set up and i want more i am by far not the best street car around here

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
been looking at le2 heads after what you guys mention seems like a pretty good deal for the price and seams like alot of people around here use that settup. whats a good streetable cam for a 383 forged with le2 heads? right now im running stock heads on my 383 and i know it is holding it back and i have a hot cam which i know is nowhere near the best cam but i have never been good with picking out cams i am looking for a strong mid to top cam thats pretty streetable? i also love a choppy idle!

·
Registered
514 Posts
hey guys like the title says whats the best place to get stock lt1 aluminum heads ported and what price could i be looking at. the car will be used as a street car with occasional drag strip visits
Many swear by Advanced Induction.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Porting shifts the powerband to a higher rpm range and I suggest performance ring and pinion gears to take advantage of the higher rpm power band along with headers and good exhaust of course a good flowing intake and throttle body.

a couple other sources 1st offers various stages of porting and the areas they work on.

For a street car the stage 1 or stage 2 might be what you want

Cylinder Head Porting Prices | Johnson's-Quality-Machine.com

For a hot performance build and best value Lloyd Elliots

http://elliottsportworks.com/

If your racing and want to set some records

Advanced Induction Cylinder Head Development

Total Engine Airflow TEA CNC Porting Aluminum Cylinder Heads Custom Assemblies | :: Total Engine Airflow ::

Port & Polish Services/Stages - 3 angle performance valve job, We specialize in LS1 aluminum intakes, LT1 aluminum intakes, Mustang 5.0 Upper & Lowers, Dual Plane Intakes, Single Plane Intakes, Small Block & Big Block Cylinder Heads.  Mopar, Che

http://www.smithbergracing.com/

Reher Morrison Racing Engines

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Porting shifts the powerband to a higher rpm range and I suggest performance ring and pinion gears to take advantage of the higher rpm power band along with headers and good exhaust of course a good flowing intake and throttle body.

a couple other sources 1st offers various stages of porting and the areas they work on.

For a street car the stage 1 or stage 2 might be what you want

Cylinder Head Porting Prices | Johnson's-Quality-Machine.com

For a hot performance build and best value Lloyd Elliots

http://elliottsportworks.com/

If your racing and want to set some records

Advanced Induction Cylinder Head Development

Total Engine Airflow TEA CNC Porting Aluminum Cylinder Heads Custom Assemblies | :: Total Engine Airflow ::

Port & Polish Services/Stages - 3 angle performance valve job, We specialize in LS1 aluminum intakes, LT1 aluminum intakes, Mustang 5.0 Upper & Lowers, Dual Plane Intakes, Single Plane Intakes, Small Block & Big Block Cylinder Heads. Mopar, Che

http://www.smithbergracing.com/

Reher Morrison Racing Engines

thanks for all the places to look into, i guess i should list what i have right now. all forged 383 hotcam on stock aluminum heads. have a 6 speed car with 4.11 gears. pacesetter headers(race version) dual 3inch xpipe, moroso cold air. bbk throttle body. 100 shot of nos. almost every spohn part available

1 - 13 of 13 Posts