LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,301 Posts
Depends on how fast you're looking to go. You may not need them ported at all. But like Coco says Llyod has the best bang for the buck when it comes to head porting and a great guy to deal with.

· Registered
1,067 Posts
Can I have some of this money you're wasting? I could use it. If you want the best street car get a dyno tune and call it a day.

· Registered
135 Posts
Ok, since the subject is head porting, at what point do you think it is
prudent to get the cyl. heads ported ? I guess saying it another way, at what point in the realm of H.P output would it be best to have your stock heads ported? ed
I would say once you get past bolt ons then head porting work would be a good option. Most people go with cams first and most cam only builds put out around 350rwhp but if paired with heads they could reach closer to 400+ depending on how aggressive the cam is and what not.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
been looking at le2 heads after what you guys mention seems like a pretty good deal for the price and seams like alot of people around here use that settup. whats a good streetable cam for a 383 forged with le2 heads? right now im running stock heads on my 383 and i know it is holding it back and i have a hot cam which i know is nowhere near the best cam but i have never been good with picking out cams i am looking for a strong mid to top cam thats pretty streetable? i also love a choppy idle!

· Registered
513 Posts
hey guys like the title says whats the best place to get stock lt1 aluminum heads ported and what price could i be looking at. the car will be used as a street car with occasional drag strip visits
Many swear by Advanced Induction.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Porting shifts the powerband to a higher rpm range and I suggest performance ring and pinion gears to take advantage of the higher rpm power band along with headers and good exhaust of course a good flowing intake and throttle body.

a couple other sources 1st offers various stages of porting and the areas they work on.

For a street car the stage 1 or stage 2 might be what you want

Cylinder Head Porting Prices | Johnson's-Quality-Machine.com

For a hot performance build and best value Lloyd Elliots

http://elliottsportworks.com/

If your racing and want to set some records

Advanced Induction Cylinder Head Development

Total Engine Airflow TEA CNC Porting Aluminum Cylinder Heads Custom Assemblies | :: Total Engine Airflow ::

Port & Polish Services/Stages - 3 angle performance valve job, We specialize in LS1 aluminum intakes, LT1 aluminum intakes, Mustang 5.0 Upper & Lowers, Dual Plane Intakes, Single Plane Intakes, Small Block & Big Block Cylinder Heads.  Mopar, Che

http://www.smithbergracing.com/

Reher Morrison Racing Engines

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Porting shifts the powerband to a higher rpm range and I suggest performance ring and pinion gears to take advantage of the higher rpm power band along with headers and good exhaust of course a good flowing intake and throttle body.

a couple other sources 1st offers various stages of porting and the areas they work on.

For a street car the stage 1 or stage 2 might be what you want

Cylinder Head Porting Prices | Johnson's-Quality-Machine.com

For a hot performance build and best value Lloyd Elliots

http://elliottsportworks.com/

If your racing and want to set some records

Advanced Induction Cylinder Head Development

Total Engine Airflow TEA CNC Porting Aluminum Cylinder Heads Custom Assemblies | :: Total Engine Airflow ::

Port & Polish Services/Stages - 3 angle performance valve job, We specialize in LS1 aluminum intakes, LT1 aluminum intakes, Mustang 5.0 Upper & Lowers, Dual Plane Intakes, Single Plane Intakes, Small Block & Big Block Cylinder Heads. Mopar, Che

http://www.smithbergracing.com/

Reher Morrison Racing Engines

thanks for all the places to look into, i guess i should list what i have right now. all forged 383 hotcam on stock aluminum heads. have a 6 speed car with 4.11 gears. pacesetter headers(race version) dual 3inch xpipe, moroso cold air. bbk throttle body. 100 shot of nos. almost every spohn part available

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.