LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally about to drop my 95 z28 and have 1 large and 1 small wooden furniture dollies from HF. Each are rated for 1000lbs. Where are the best places to put these and what orientations? I was thinking the larger one would go under the kmember, possibly horizontal in line with the kmember itself and the smaller one would go back under the transmission oil pan? I don’t have a ton of room to work with so I need the roll out to be as easy and maneuverable as possible. Also, is directly on the dollies best or should I put some 2x4s or 4x4s down in the center? Any tips/pics of what worked for you would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Finally about to drop my 95 z28 and have 1 large and 1 small wooden furniture dollies from HF. Each are rated for 1000lbs. Where are the best places to put these and what orientations? I was thinking the larger one would go under the kmember, possibly horizontal in line with the kmember itself and the smaller one would go back under the transmission oil pan? I don’t have a ton of room to work with so I need the roll out to be as easy and maneuverable as possible. Also, is directly on the dollies best or should I put some 2x4s or 4x4s down in the center? Any tips/pics of what worked for you would be greatly appreciated.
Just drop the K Member in the center of the big dolly.
The trans can hang over the back edge no problem.
I Used an engine crane to lift the body, but the legs are just workable.
PFA of the motor going back in.

There was a good write up on the web I downloaded but I forget who &where I got it (GfA)
HTH
Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
If your just changing the k frame why take the engine and trans with it? You can use the engine sling from a front wheel drive to hold the engine up while you change out the cross member. Take half the time & work .:cool: Then use the larger dolly to slide out the old cross member. There is a good video on you tube from a guy calls himself 3rdgen. Im an older SOB so l dont know how to attach links & things. BTW, 3rd gen and 4th gen f cars are very close to being them same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts