LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who are in the storm track of Katrina....be safe out there. I have the feeling that we are gonna get slammed here. :(

·
Registered
206 Posts
I talked with a fellow on ls1tech who was going to stay put and ride it out. Super nice guy. He's handicapped and confined to a wheelchair. His wife and his young son will be there with him. I would very much appreciate it if you would keep him and his family in your thoughts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will definitly keep him in my prayers. Hope they make it through unharmed. And yes, it's now at 175mph with gusts around 200mph. This sucks. :(

·
Registered
724 Posts
reminds me of the hurricane that hit pensacola last year...came ashore as a catagory 4 if i remember. luckily they let the whole base evacuate, and i went to Tenn. when i came back it was a disaster area. we were cleaning up forever. there was a 1000 man working party on my base to try and clean up the barracks to make them liveable. National Guard was there for a long time. Power trucks from as far as Canada and Oregon were there. There was a 7pm curfew for the whole city. i know my base didnt have power for weeks, and some parts of the city got it in a few days...but most waited a long time as well.

hurricanes suck, but im used to them after living in Fl for 18 years...:candlesad

·
Registered
470 Posts
My dad just called me and told me to fill up my cars with gas- apparently, LA is a major hub for oil dispersion throughout the US... The word he used was 'catastrophy.'

I'd say get the hell out of that state if you can, guys.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Prayers go out to anyone stuck in this.

And for the rest of us...go top off your gas tanks TODAY. 1/6th of all the oil we use either comes from rigs in the gulf or through the port of New Orleans. Supply will be disrupted and the price is going to go up, on top of the Labor Day squeeze.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not a man. ;) After this, gas prices are really gonna suck. :( It is already getting windy and the storm clouds are moving in. And for you all in TN, they just issued a Tropical Storm warning for you, so you are gonna get some of it too.

·
Registered
612 Posts
New Orleans is screwed. they will be owned(the damn smilie doesn't work) by mother nature after this 1. we are 2 hrs away and we are gettin worried. our winds will probably only be arund 35-45, but that can screw up some stuff. i heard there might be extrememy heavy rains with possiblity of flooding as far north as New York

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
RedstickZ said:
Not a man. ;) After this, gas prices are really gonna suck. :( It is already getting windy and the storm clouds are moving in. And for you all in TN, they just issued a Tropical Storm warning for you, so you are gonna get some of it too.
Yeah its headed dead straight for Nashville, so I'm certain we will get flash flooding, etc. here in 48 hrs or so. Our baby will probably decide she wants to be born in the middle of a monsoon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
RedstickZ said:

edited:D

·
Registered
724 Posts
right now im stationed in Norfolk...but supposedly my Captain is getting a call right now, and they might send my ship down for humanitarian relief efforts. ill keep you guys posted. :)

stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The rain bands started here about 1 1/2 hours ago. I am worried about my IROC, it's in Houma which is only about 18 miles from the south east coast. :(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts