LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, upgrading engine needs to be cooled good, guys don't know will the stock radiator and fans be enough for 370 hp. Should i look at be cool system, or it's not worth it, mean the money waste?

·
Registered
807 Posts
I think you should be ok with the stock stuff,but I recommend if you have the $$$ to change to a Meziere electric water pump. By the way, how did you get all those American cars over to Mother Russia? ed

·
Registered
277 Posts
The stock one should be just fine . Mine is a tad over 410 and haven't had any issues at . City , stop and go , temp was always just fine

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you should be ok with the stock stuff,but I recommend if you have the $$$ to change to a Meziere electric water pump. By the way, how did you get all those American cars over to Mother Russia? ed
Well, i don't know how to answer your question:) how do people get to Russia? By plane or by sea, surely. All the cars/bikes/ATV, etc, get to Russia/Ukraine by sea, to Russia they arrive to Finland at first, and then go to Russian customs in Saint-Petersburg. There are plenty of them here from US- those ugly Infinity FX, pretty nice BMW X5, unreliable Mb ML320, and others.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just want to lower the temp a little bit. So you want to say it's not worth that money? Found kit for 1200$ with the fans, and all the hardware.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The stocker will fit your needs. When you are modifing your engine for all out race then you should upgrade. Plus there are cheaper alternatives to BeCool.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For example? Found only Ron Davis, but no prices...

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
I just want to lower the temp a little bit. So you want to say it's not worth that money? Found kit for 1200$ with the fans, and all the hardware.
Spend no money on fans and radiator and be fine. A 160° thermostat and custom fan programming will do all you need. Put your money into something worthwhile.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, thanx. Any ideas about short headers, know that long ones would be better, but can't afford because of the bumpy roads. What short ones will be best?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Charismatic Racing Concepts. Basically a stock style radiator but made of all aluminium which allows for better cooling. But again if you're not building an all out fully modified engine then your stocker will be fine however this makes for a nice replacement for not that much more coin.

·
Registered
740 Posts
You have reverse cooling, so you're already ahead of the game with factory stuff.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
U mean it's better then ls cooling system?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts