LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 94 lt1 formula a4:
got in the car drove about a mile down the street when i noticed the temp. was thru the roof according to the guage on the dash, pulled over shut off the car, popped the hood and the radiator isn't even presureized nor are the fans going, is this just a bad sensor? sounds like one to me but knowing my luck i have something seriously messed up :/

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any recent work to the cooling system? You could have an air pocket.

If you want to dig a little more into the temp gauge, look here.
no recent work to the cooling system, imma check it out tomorrow, ive had to burp my system before in my jeep however it didn't rise this quickly

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
this is no jeep, these things build gigantic air pockets. it's a different type of cooling system for sure

you need to follow the proper bleeding procedure (that's what the brass screw valve on your thermostat, and that one in the middle of the heater hose are for)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
this is no jeep, these things build gigantic air pockets. it's a different type of cooling system for sure

you need to follow the proper bleeding procedure (that's what the brass screw valve on your thermostat, and that one in the middle of the heater hose are for)
yup i think imma have to do that, just put a new sensor in from autozone and cant get it to read anything, they went to a one sensor fits all bs when you have to cut your old pigtail put on a new one and then just buy there sensors from now on :craz28: and of course i cant get it to read anything.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't know which coolant sensor you replaced, but for those it is a better bet to get them from an AC-Delco supplier or GM dealer. You get the correct thing, there.
I totally second that !!! I chose to use a crank sensor from oreallys cuz it was 10 cheaper then dealer ship . Cost me my motor cuz the sensor was a hair taller sending metal through the motor . In another firebird I had got an autozone sensor that had to cut wiring to cuz it was the "universal" it kept throwing codes . After 4 ... I went to gm got sensor and reconnected old wire and wala problem solved

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
alright guys im at work today but pretty much at a computer all day so imma look up getting a GM or ACDelco part
edit: it was the one by the #1 spark plug under the exhaust manifold
edit again: I got ACDelco part # 213-77 advance ACDelco p# is 213-815 lol WHEN WILL IT END!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
213-77 is the correct one. All you have to do is look it up at AC-Delco.com. The other one is for a ZR1 Corvette.
alright greatly apperciate it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts