LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.qhats up.....Im still hanging around....I haven't really been driving the T/A 5.7 much since the Passenger side axle was leaking diff fluid...turns out the axle was a little damaged..any advice...I was trying to find a passenger side axle....seems cant seem to find any....is there a substitute I can use....

·
Global Moderator
13,464 Posts
They make axle savers, which are sleeves that fit over worn area of axle. If axle is too damaged for saver, try craigslist for used axle shaft. If you can't find just an axle shaft, you might have to buy a whole rear end assembly.

But before you give up on the axle shaft, try ebay and do a google search. You might luck out and find a new axle shaft out there.

And while you repairing rear axle, install new outter bearings and seals.

·
Global Moderator
13,464 Posts
There's one out there somewhere. Keep searching. Try camaro/firebird restoration parts dealers. They may have what you need. Also try Napa. They are usually very good at finding the parts you need.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So finally got that axle leak fixed...the axle had a axle saver on it...and was still leaking...I had to get a newer rear end...new brakes...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The funny thing is I haven't really driven the car since 2019....I see why member get out the game....I have no time to mess with the car....

·
Global Moderator
13,464 Posts
You've discovered the joy of owning a 20+ year old car. And being a high performance model, you can bet it's had it's share of abuse in the past.

It takes a special kind of person to stick with an old car. I came from the world of Italian cars. These beasts were libel to breakdown on a daily basis. Fiat stands for- fix it again Tony.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts