LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my new setup nailed down. One thing troubles me though.....

Running a 355 LT1 with TFS heads and a custom blower cam. Obviously, VE is probably going to be pretty high, affecting boost. I'm not looking to spin the car to the moon, but I'm wondering if my VE is going to be so high as to not be able to hit my target boost range of 16-18# with a D-1SC.

What I'm wondering is if I should go straight for the D1 with the higher step-up ratio and slightly higher terminal impeller speed???

Anyone running something similar that could shed some light on the situation?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Are you refering to volumetric efficency?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
Check out this months GMHTP... There's a guy (LS1, so higher flow #s) that's getting 19 or so pounds on a D1SC with heads and cam.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SiCk PuPpY said:
Are you refering to volumetric efficency?
More or less. I'm actually referring to the effect that a high VE motor is going to have on the D-1SC's ability to produce the target amount of boost I'm looking for without overspinning the blower (62,500 RPM impeller limitation).

I'll take another look at that article. I kind of dismissed it as it's on a different platform, but air IS air.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
You're going to be close to being maxed out with a D-1SC. As long as you don't add more cubes, you'll probably be okay. Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob, thanks for the reply. The main guy at the shop where my motor is (ATI dealer, very knowledgable) and I have conferred at length on this, and he too doesn't think it's going to be a huge issue with my smallish displacement. On another note, say I decide to up the cubes down the road??? What then??? Does ATI make an F1 that will fit the D-1SC F-Body bracketry (haven't asked the engine shop this).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Fastbird said:
Bob, thanks for the reply. The main guy at the shop where my motor is (ATI dealer, very knowledgable) and I have conferred at length on this, and he too doesn't think it's going to be a huge issue with my smallish displacement. On another note, say I decide to up the cubes down the road??? What then??? Does ATI make an F1 that will fit the D-1SC F-Body bracketry (haven't asked the engine shop this).
Yes it does, with a little modding. The housing is approx .38 larger in diameter. Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Exotic Performance Plus said:
Yes it does, with a little modding. The housing is approx .38 larger in diameter. Bob
Bob, I've got a slightly off topic question for you, kind of a small world thing. Does "Call 911" ring a bell??? Hint: License plate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
What is the max boost you can get on an LT1 based 383 with stock ported heads,mild cam, mid length headers? Will a P1SC support 10-12 psi? Off Topic- will 42lb injectors and a stock pcm run this combo ok?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
quickmedic1 said:
What is the max boost you can get on an LT1 based 383 with stock ported heads,mild cam, mid length headers? Will a P1SC support 10-12 psi? Off Topic- will 42lb injectors and a stock pcm run this combo ok?

Max boost w/ a P1 probably 10 w/ a 383 maybe a tad less or more but the P1 is gonna blow. Why not just do a D-1SC or D1?

Fastbird I opted for the F1 and 18-20psi but now my problem is the map sensor. What are you using for 16-18psi? 1, 2 or 3bar map? Supposedly for 15 and higher a 3 bar is needed but I've found a tuner that can do 15psi w/ a 1 bar so I'm confused. Don't have cha-ching to go to a stand alone but I think that's what I'm gonna need if I'm shooting for 750rwhp+ w/a F1 383.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top