LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im leavin the junk yard after a pretty exciting debatable day.
While i was there i noticed this T/A with a huge nostril hood. It was wrecked and
Totalled. I manage to raise the hood and im actually kinda like wtf? Because the intake is red?
It says T/A on the side of the car. But the vin has a #5 in it? Witch im pretty sure is an LT4 in a camaro?
This had me stumped, it says NFS ( NOT FOR SALE)
Is it lt4? It says trans am not fire hawk?????
Im stumped.

·
Banned
489 Posts
What year car?

The LT4 was put in only 39 special edition firebirds for '97 only.
BTW any car with front end damage could easily have damage to crank and/or block.:eek:

cardo

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not trying to start a showdown friend, but ive seen a camaro with an LT4. Idk if it came stock in the vehicle or not.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That would be a golden find if the motor was legit and in good shape

·
Banned
489 Posts
Not trying to start a showdown friend, but ive seen a camaro with an LT4. Idk if it came stock in the vehicle or not.
Don't want to showdown over anything myself. Don't know what your asking/posting for now though? I had read recently that there where 39 TA's and something like 100 (or maybe it was 1000) special edition camaros with the LT4 - but again this was in '97 only with factory/GM support. Who knows how many other owners drop an LT4 in their car. Don't know what your upset about. Just thought from your post u would like to know what the factory put out.

Have a nice day,
cardo

·
Global Moderator
13,437 Posts
These cars being as old as they are, there's no telling what former owners did to them. LT4 was offered as a replacement engine for a number of years by GM. But like many other 4th gen parts , has been discontinued.

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Spelling Bee winnah!
5,018 Posts
What SNM said. My intake is powder coated red because my whole car has a black over red theme. I get the question all the time if it's an LT4 or Firehawk.

Did you check under the car or anything? Maybe there are more goodies you haven't seen yet.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ cardo,no man no ones upset? Just stating what i've seen.
And no offense bro, but just read it a lil better next time,
And idk if its a true Lt4 or not guys. If it isnt thats a good paint job.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also no i didnt check under the car, i cant get anything out or off of it, its not for sale, i wish it was though.
Its got some nice break discs and rear lights i'd like to have.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Take any pics?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nah, it didnt dawn on me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts