LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I've got a 1995 Trans am with 3.73 gears, k&n cold air intake, transgo reprogramming kit, nitto 555r,march pulleys,edelbrock shorty headers 2.5 with y pipe without catylic converter and air foil on stock TB around how much hp should be expecting from this set up and also around what 1/4 time est

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like what I wanted to hear and like with a good stall I should be in 13"s and what kind of stall would you recommend? Also I still haven't tuned it

·
Registered
366 Posts
I say with a good launch high to mid 13s with a 3.73, also depends on what the elevation is at your track

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
none of your mods are giant power adders. none of your mods raise your effective power band up higher.

so, as far as a stall goes, i think 2600-2800 is as high as i'd go. the stock cam makes a ton of its power down low, you dont want to throw it all out the window.

depends on your goals, if you're doing ANY valvetrain mods, that'll change what stall you'll want. you want to plan all your mods and buy the converter that'll support them..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh ok, and what kind of parts would you recommend , because I was thinking of getting a cam, sum heads , valve springs, bigger TB and a tune

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
sub 8's

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
skip the throttle body. if you just want a turn-key head/cam package thats problem, get a lloyd elliot head/cam setup and a tune, and buy the torque converter that lloyd reccommends for whatever you're getting

never go out and buy a torque converter if you're planning for major valvetrain upgrades later

·
Registered
406 Posts
Agree with steveo.. I did that only with trick flow heads... And a 3200 stall... Skip the tb untill after all that as it won't do anything with stock heads from what I've heard

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts
skip the throttle body. if you just want a turn-key head/cam package thats problem, get a lloyd elliot head/cam setup and a tune, and buy the torque converter that lloyd reccommends for whatever you're getting

never go out and buy a torque converter if you're planning for major valvetrain upgrades later
Gonna disagree with you on this one, if you buy from a reputable company, most offer a free restall within a year or so. And even if its past the free period, its usually not much at all to do, advantage to buying a quality product.

So if you are ok with installing a 'verter twice, its not a bad idea. Just throwing that out there.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts