LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope.... all needles are in the rocker. THANK GOD! I need to do a full top end rebuild on it to mak sure everything is good. I'm def. going with the .105 wall pushrods this time and probably switching over to harland sharp roller rockers.

Oh the joy of spinning to 7250rpm

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to make sure I use a magnet to get any small chunks of pushrod left out from unde the intake manifold too. I wish someone would come help me with this though. I am farely knowledgable about it but have never put a motor together or gone this deep on one.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hmm!! That dosnt look right.

·
Banned
489 Posts
Ooch.

Weird how they sheared like that without bending. And at different lengths.

Sorry, can't explain that,
cardo

·
Registered
514 Posts
PBM 3/8" stud 1.6 ratio
I'd upgrade to a 7/16 stud first. Second, you say it's a S/A rocker and it appears you're running guideplates also.?? I run the Scorpion race series myself.

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
Yeah, take some pics so we know what you are working with. Might want to also find out why the pushrods broke before going further. Could be as simple as too much preload, they were flexing, or something a little more fun!

I run comp ultra pro mags nsa on arp 7/16 studs with lunati link bar lifters. My engine builders put in the pushrods but I am assuming they are thick walled. Cam is a little over .600 lift with patriot double springs. I bounce my 7k limiter from time to time and its still holding together :roflmao:Oh, and GM guide plates.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'll vouch for the 7/16 nsa Ultra Pro Mags too. I'm running regular ACDelco ls7 lifters, Manley (I think) .080 wall hardened chromoly push-rods and Trickflow hardened guide plates. FWIW. Works pretty good.... I spin to 7k fairly often with just under .600 lift. I really wanted a nice set of link-bar lifters but so many people do well with ls7s that I didn't feel the need to spend all that extra cash. If you can swing 'em they are worth it definitely I'd say.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just got the drivers side head off. I'm having them checked out to make sure the springs match the cam and arent causing a binding issue. I'll be upgrading to the 7/16 studs and hav been told by my engin builder that the comp pro mags are the way to go as well. As for pushrods, I'm assuming he'll give a good reccomendation when I get the heads to him. I'd like to go with the thick wall .105 pushrods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.