LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
I did, but results were not what I was hoping for... I put my slip up in the 'Nothing Special' post by Marlin in Minn

13.004 @ 110.24 on a 2.128 60'

Going again next weekend to try and knock that 60' down!

You taking it easy until the 12-bolt comes in?
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CamTom12 said:
I did, but results were not what I was hoping for... I put my slip up in the 'Nothing Special' post by Marlin in Minn

13.004 @ 110.24 on a 2.128 60'

Going again next weekend to try and knock that 60' down!

You taking it easy until the 12-bolt comes in?
Yes, partly due to necessity and party due to not having any time to even drive the car right now much less spend a day at the track.

I'm chin deep in baby stuff and work right now. Plus I came down with a cold and didn't get anything done this weekend that I wanted to.

I'll be lucky to find a free day to put the 12 bolt in at this rate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
That sucks man. I hope you feel better soon!

New rule: You can't use the baby as an excuse until she's OUT of her Momma! :D

If it comes in when I'm in town I'll drive over and do the swap for you if you promise to run me (even though you'll smoke me, haha)
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CamTom12 said:
That sucks man. I hope you feel better soon!

New rule: You can't use the baby as an excuse until she's OUT of her Momma! :D

If it comes in when I'm in town I'll drive over and do the swap for you if you promise to run me (even though you'll smoke me, haha)
Deal!!! :D Put the new fuel pump in while you're at it, LOL.

I may schedule Reginalds, but it just depends on when. I don't like doing major jobs in my garage because the home owners assoc. can get whiney about it if the door is up.

Next house will have a rear entry garage and a privacy fence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
hahaha, I've never done a fuel pump. We'll have to get Steve-O over there to help with that. I don't imagine it'd be too tough though, just a little hole in the gas tank, some wiring, and securing the new pump somewhere.

And you get to supply the pizza/beer this time, hahaha

Almost every house in the Dallas area has rear-entry garages, I had my motor in 3-4 pieces (the old Rx7) in the garage for about a month while I waited for some parts to come in, then did reassembly from 8pm to 11pm-12am for about a week. Then tuned the secondary ports a little bit (they worked off of exhaust backpressure, hehehe) during around the same hours... running an open header. In the Texas heat of course the garage door was open :D

It's a good deal, I'd definately look into it for the next house
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Id like to hit up the track here really soon. I know with street tires and stock rear suspension ill still be in the 13's, I am just wondering what the MPH will look like.

Last year i ran 13.2 at 104.9 on street tires, heavier tremec trans, cobra intake,GT cam, unported gt40 heads, and junkyard 120K mile 302

this year i have home ported heads w/ 3 angle valve job, fresh fully built 306, cobra intake, and a lighter T5 tranny w/ poly mounts.

The car has alot more steam, but im running a smaller cobra cam in the shortblock. the cam makes it run out of juice around 5K, we will see how it does with this setup soon then i can look into cam options, even though i love the drivability of the Cobra cam.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
I'll probably wait it the 28th and hit up BB and see how this new converter and gears do. :pop
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gabez28 said:
I'll probably wait it the 28th and hit up BB and see how this new converter and gears do. :pop
If I knew the 12 bolt would be in by then I'd go too but its not looking likely at this point.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top