LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wonderin if anyone on this website lives in or by Toledo, Ohio. I have a 1997 Firebird/Trans Am. Its got the LT1. I was gonna see if he wanted to work on my car, and I pay him for it. I would rather pay someone who owns an LT1, or who has worked on them before, than some mechanic in town, where all he wants is my money. I would help out. I want to help. I wanna learn more about the sweet ass engine I have. I had the car diagnosed. There were 3 codes/problems that popped up. One was that the motor is starving for fuel. I changed the fuel-filter, and it was plugged upt to hell. One is that the timing chain has some play in it and that it is worn. I havent touched that. And the last one is the evap system. I havent touched that yet either. Well if anyone wants some sidework in Toledo, Ohio , let me know.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i live in waterford mi about an hour north of you. that code on the evap it's the secondary air something i forget the actual name but there was a recall on that part. mine kept giving me that evap code i took it in and that's how i found out about the recall. how many miles you got on that engine?

·
Registered
288 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am in the process of changing the timing chain and gears. Has anyone ever done this before? I am having a hard time getting the balancer and hub off.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
howdy :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts