LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was wondering if anyone knows of a good shop around decatur/springfield area? I have an overhauled 96 TA with a few mods, custom grind on the cam and some headwork done and im having spotty starting issues. Just got it outta a shop for startin issues guess they didnt fix it. Im wondering if it isnt a low pressure fuel pump. Whatta guys think. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its been starting since i got it back but its cranks and cranks but takes awhile sometimes but other times only and couple cranks it fires up. I am afraid its the opti again or wofse the fuel pump as suspected b4. The shop told me they were going to replace it then decided it was the opti and i believe they put a used one in. I had an MSD, but it had an issue i guess. So now im not sure what to do but dont wanna go back to the same shop.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I'm from Decatur and there really isn't any good speed shops around here. Speed inc in Chicago does some pretty good work. A few of my buddies have had their cars worked on there.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Sounds like an opti issue but be sure to check your fuel press first and everything ignition related before pulling it off. Do the opti test cause it sounds like a hi- resolution fault. MSD has had a lot of issues with their OPTIs. Reason being is the company making their reluctor wheels wasn't making them accurately. They have since fixed the problem and now their OPTIs are more accurate than stock, according to them. Check out my MSD opti update thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts