LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any experience with Cadillac Cateras? About all I know is that they're built on the same platform as the Opel Vectra, which is also the platform used by the Saab 9-3 and Chevy Malibu IIRC.

I'm looking for both pros and cons, as I have little experience with them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The limited experience I have/heard is that the motors SUCK. I personally like the looks of the Catera sport but I personally know of 3 people that had to have the motors replaced BEFORE 50K miles. The salesman that sold me my Z had one brand new(not sure if the year) and he said he had a ton of problems with it. Motor was replaced at 41K

Then again you see some one ebay with higher miles. I guess it's hit or miss.

Hope that helps.

BTW a LS1 will bolt into one ;):D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Tony.

I did a little searching, and it seems your mechanic's experiences were the rule rather than the exception. From what I read, less than 10% of the online message board savvy crowd saw the car as anything less than a total PITA. At least 10 different people advised against EVER owning one, and many said they had swore off Cadillac after lengthy warranty battles.

Oh well, that idea is nixxed lol.

On to Volvo S40's now.:D

·
Registered
138 Posts
dude if you value your sanity and your money do NOT BUY a catera. I work at a caddy dealership and i used to work on them like every damn day. The bullshit you have to go through on those cars is beyond ridculous. i cant tell ya how many times i wanted to off my self instead of working on one of them. they are pieces of crap.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i work at a dealership... and have yet to see a catera come in that wasnt a pita... techs hate them.. service managers hate them.. the owners hate them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts