LS1LT1 Forum banner

Any UNOH students?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DMC4OOEX 
#1 ·
I'm signed up for unoh high performance program that starts in October, but I've had a lot of people tell me its not worth it.. I figured up with school, books, housing (off campus) and misc. expenses I'll be spending roughly 25k a year.. Plus insurance on my vehicles.

I was just wondering if anyone has graduated from the program and recommends anything..

I talked to a local shop and they told me to turn in a resume for an apprenticeship program they have and there's also an auto tech program at a community college roughly an hour away, but I know neither of them is going to get me where unoh could possibly get me..

I've been at my current workplace since I got out of school back in '07

#2 ·
I went there for about almost 4 months and dropped out..

The school itself has some really nice equipment. All there alignment machines/lifts/etc are fairly new.

I had a few gripes with the school.. first was the price. I started to realize I wasn't going to be able to afford staying there. It's a very expensive place.
Second was the lack of professionalism.. they show off the new buildings all the time but the electrical building and some others were run down.
Third.. the school had a bad name out there in Lima. I couldnt even get a job because no one would hire me when they found out I attended there. A lot of the kids that go there know nothing about cars and really make it look bad

Its an alright school but not worth the price imo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.