LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing is better in the summer than beer and grilling out. Anyone have any unique grilling or smoking recipes?

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
I have a steak marinade I do, but honestly I can't tell you exacly what I put in it every time. The base is Coke as a tenderizer though. I know I do put in some worchester sauce, crushed black pepper, garlic powder, onion cloves, and at times a LITTLE liquid smoke Hickory flavor. That and some other stuff, or whatever I feel like at the time. Never dissapoints.

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Oh and I got a chicken marinade I use thats SUPER SIMPLE. Actually got it off the back of a seasoning jar. Use the Montreal Chicken Seasoning, then add some oil, couple tsps of vinegar, marinade for 30 minutes then cook. SUPER SIMPLE. That is one of the crowd favorites.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I've got a killer steak marinade.
It work with anything and the best part is.........it's reusable!

You can use it on literally anything but fish.

5 oz Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 Tblspn Lemon Juice
1 Teaspn Worchestire Sauce (I use about 1.5 oz though)
2 oz Wine Vinegar or Bourbon (balsamic vinegar works well too)
2 cups Water

For best results let marinade for 24 hours. But it'll also do the job in 1 hour

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
You guys are making me hungry...

Maybe I'll take the Mrs. out for a steak tonight.
Don't let her eat too much or she is liable to pop out a kid!!!

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Chris89GTA said:
Don't let her eat too much or she is liable to pop out a kid!!!
At this point she'd be glad to get the process started and over with. She's miserable in the heat and uncomfortable 24/7. Its gotta suck.

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
ive always been a fan of A1 burgers...they come out great

·
Registered
53 Posts
I saw this on tv and did it this weekend( I grill every day I don't work 2nd shift) take a block of semi hard mozzerella, wrap it in prosciuuto, stick it on a skewer with some bread with butter and garlic on it, add some tomatoes( or mushrooms in my case to the skewer) grill, enjoy, answer the praise of your guests :cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey Chris 96 WS6 don't worry man I sympathize. my old ladys pregnant with our 3rd, lots of fun especially in the heat

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
josh99ta said:
Bumping this back up. We've got an awesome gas grill and I need some good marinade and seasoning recipes. We made some killer steaks last night but what about a good way to fix some burgers?

My marinade is good with burgers too.

On a side note, I grilled up some nice bone in rib-eye's on Friday night. They were so good.

·
Registered
388 Posts
We had some good burgers last night. We used some worchteshire (sp? I know I butchered it) sauce and some Dale's sauce too. Buddy's gal did the marinade so I'm not 100% sure. They were awesome though. Tonight it's grilled chicken breast with bacon and barbeque sauce on top and melted cheese over all that. Buddy's gal is making some loaded mashed potatos and mac and cheese, and we might grill some corn on the cob too. Mmmmmm mmmm good eating. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts