LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have any simple questions you don't want to make a whole thread about? Post them here and I'll help you out, or if I don't know the answer to your question I'll point you in the direction of someone that does.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, I am debating between some enngine upgrades and a stereo system. I do not know to much in the subject of stereo installs but I have dabbled in it a little bit. In your opinion what would be a good setup for my 94 TA within a 600-800 dollar price budget?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well for that much money we can do quite a bit. Here is what I would recomend.

Speakers: Edi 6500 - $250 (Basically the same as CDT HDs only way cheaper)
www.edesignaudio.com

Sub: 11 Ov.2 - $140 (Is on pre order right now so I can't see anything coming close
to it for the price)
www.edesignaudio.com

Amp: nine.4 - $185 (Good amp, and you are already buying everything else from them
so it might as well match)
www.edesignaudio.com

Wires - $20 - 4 gauge w/ a fuse block and 2 sets of RCA cables or one set of 4 channel RCAs. Can be purchased from www.knukoncept.com , walmart or ED has some wireing options but they're a bit more expensive. I'm sure I might have some stuff lieing around as well.

Headunit: $195
This was the best featured headunit I could find for under 200 from a reputable manufacturer.
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2883

Total comes out to 790 plus shipping and install materials on that deck.

Install: I'll be glad to do it for you for free, since I know you. Haha.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
wow looks like somebodys auditioning for a mod job....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking of going with Elemental Designs on most of the equipment, mainly cuz there so freakin nice. Anyways, I was originally lookin at the Alpine CDA-9847 but does that come with a high/low pass filter on it? If you could give me a compare and contrast of the two that would be great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The main reason I chose it is that it has highpass and low pass filters built in. But you could get away with the 9847 and just use the crossovers on the amps. The good thing about the 9847 is that it will light up to match the dash.

If it were me I'd save a little more and go for a higher end alpine, I think I'm going to throw a 9855 in my car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah, I was looking at that one but then I would need to increase my budget a bit. Means more work, oh well. Oh hey, whats up with Niel's car? Are we going to do it during christmas break? Or is that one kid stilling filling his mind with bad ideas?

·
Registered
53 Posts
K need a little help

K i bought a msd 6a for my 1995 Z and followed the intructions correctly all good the thing works cool whatever now the ground i drilled in to the fram rail no longer creates ground whats up i cleaned the cable i checked the power(took diconneckted the fuse and touched a ground it sparked) so how do i ground the dam thing.Its a audiobahn a800t2 it also has a cap.5 .Any ideas would be extreemly welcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts