LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 95 Formula. This is my second go around with this car. I owned it from 97 to 06 then sold it. It came back up for sale a few months ago & I had to buy it back. Like being united with an old friend. I went to transfer the title & register it the other day. I registered it as an antique as she is 25 years old this year. I just find it ironic that when they first came out in 93 how futuristic they looked. Now they can be considered an antique car. LOL I registered it as an antique for several reasons. No emissions/ safety inspections required (my cat.is long gone). Tags are 50$ and do not expire for 5 years (so nice & cheap) Lastly no @#$$#@ front plate is required (live in the great state of Texas where it is required on normal registered cars) There are restrictions for an antique plate, but I know several people that have them & they are not enforced. So something to think about as our cars get older.

·
Global Moderator
13,163 Posts
In Florida, they now longer issue antique tags. They just lower your tag cost. For my 90 camaro, it's a little over $30 a year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts