LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yesterday i had gotten out of class and i was on my way home when i was behind a honda civic with a big ass can that i cant stand the sound of. so i was behind him at a light and when it turned green he took off so i droped gears and went into a open lane and caught a light with him. at the light he took off and was all excited because i was only at 1/4 throttle untill i hit powerban then BYE BYE RICE BOY i caught him by the top of first gear it was over right then. i know this isnt a great opne but it is like the first race in my ta ever and the first time i have been able to let someone go and catch and pass them.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Yeah but if he had a turbo then he would have bitch slapped you, LOL.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Some dude around here has a older body stlye dodge neon turboed and he jumpedd off on me but i reeled and passed him. I suppose he wasnt pushing too much boost.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a Honda with a huge fart can on it come up next to me the other day (i was in my jeep :mad: ). I just looked at the kids and the way they were acting you would think they were in a brand new Corvette or Viper. It just looked like they thought they were the baddest thing around. I think because of so many ricers having Honda's i'm starting to think negetively of Honda as a whole. I know they are good cars and have long lasting engines but it seems like now a days if you don't have a import your not cool. Not that i'm really trying to be cool, but you all know what i mean.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turns out he did have turbo a chris. and i agree with u too mach those ricers have given honda a dark cloud over its name.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can anyone explain to me what the facination is with fart cans? Are they supposed to make the cars sound faster or more powerful? Do they do anything performance wise? I think all they do is make a 4 or 6cylander car sound like a overgrown go-cart. I mean besides annoying people and having people laugh at them :roflmao: what is the point?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no you wont notce it and i think thats a cat back system but idk i think just cans add like 2 or 3 hp thats pussy compared to a f-body exhaust adding 20 where yoiu can feel the difference

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well you also have to realize the power gains are relative to the original horsepower. I'm not arguing for imports just stating a fact. If a car only starts out with 140 hp your not gonna see 20-40 hp gains from exhaust mods. Besides not all imports are bad, its the import drivers that give them a bad name. My friend has a bad ass left hand drive silvia that could woop the shit outta me. Like I said its all relative, I was on another forum and this kid was talking about how fast his sentra was stock. :roflmao: I just thought to myself, if thats fast to you dont ever get behind the wheel of a V8

·
Registered
993 Posts
mach83 said:
Can anyone explain to me what the facination is with fart cans?
Can you explain to me the need to add dual exits on a catback when an f-body doesn't come equipped with true duals?

It's more about the look than anything else. We like the look of dual exits, they like the look of a wide-mouthed exhaust.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Vendetta said:
Can you explain to me the need to add dual exits on a catback when an f-body doesn't come equipped with true duals?

It's more about the look than anything else. We like the look of dual exits, they like the look of a wide-mouthed exhaust.

Just cuz you own a WRX doesn't mean that you can stoop to ricer mentallity. :lol:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Vendetta said:

Yeah, good point. To each there own i guess.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
exactly and i think it is mostly looks on an f-body but i know a lot of people with true dual. personally i dont see why gm didnt put true dual on in the first place. i think what gets to most of the muscle car guys about cans is the blender sound not the look.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts