LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me.

My car is so badass it kicks my ass.

Last night I was pulling in and heard a tapping sound. Started investigating it.

Next thing I know I'm in the back of my wife's Durango bleeding everywhere.

We theorize based on what little evidence that the string from my Hoodie caught the belt and yanked me into the motor. I lost my front 2 teeth and bruised/cuts all over my face and shoulder but otherwise i am EXTREMELY lucky nothing more.

I had completely forgot I had a string hoodie on (I'm a Shop Manager and I know damn better).

It looks like the Hood of my jacket got up under the belt at the Alternator and managed to "lift" the belt off the alternator thus saving me from any further injury.

Life lesson learned the hard way.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Crap dude, thank God your okay. Thanks for posting this so we all know to be more safety minded. The last time i worked on my z28 before it sat, i reached in without looking and lost my nail and most of the top of my finger. Hope you have a speedy recovery

·
Registered
753 Posts
Maybe the car doesn't like you?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Just getting the msg out there to ALWAYS double check and be safe.

Still recuperating, but the neighbor came over and re-belted my car. He helped take me to the Hospital and he said I kept asking how my car was LOL.

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Good God man that had to have felt fantastic. Shows your a pretty well rounded guy when you can admit something like that happening to all of us. I'm sure there's a few of us that maybe wouldn't have shared that. Worst I've ever done is i was wearing a tattered shirt and using a big ole drill and wrapped that shirt up hard cover and cut my belly open.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good God man that had to have felt fantastic. Shows your a pretty well rounded guy when you can admit something like that happening to all of us. I'm sure there's a few of us that maybe wouldn't have shared that. Worst I've ever done is i was wearing a tattered shirt and using a big ole drill and wrapped that shirt up hard cover and cut my belly open.

Ouch man. One of my techs came in with a pillow last week. he had a sign attached to it:

In case of running motor with a hoodie, attach this safety device to your face..

I bought him lunch. Hey, ya gotta roll with it, not much else yu can do and hopefully it will put out a much bigger msg

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Glad to hear you'll be o.k man. Looks like you got a good group of techs working for ya.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad to hear you'll be o.k man. Looks like you got a good group of techs working for ya.
They're a wonderful bunch of guys (4) and I wish I could pay them more...but ya know how it goes.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts