LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropping the engine tomorrow to fix a broken exhaust stud. While I'm at it I'm replacing a pinion seal, clutch slave, and replacing the crappy stock exhaust manifolds for pacesetter long tubes and off road y pipe. I got the whole kit from summit and the block off plates from Hawks. Any tips or advice from someone who has either pulled the motor ( I'm using a lift and raising the body off the motor ) or installed long tubes would be helpful. I'm straight piping from the y pipe to the muffler so no cat. Thanks guys :LS1LT1flag:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Dropping the engine tomorrow to fix a broken exhaust stud. While I'm at it I'm replacing a pinion seal, clutch slave, and replacing the crappy stock exhaust manifolds for pacesetter long tubes and off road y pipe. I got the whole kit from summit and the block off plates from Hawks. Any tips or advice from someone who has either pulled the motor ( I'm using a lift and raising the body off the motor ) or installed long tubes would be helpful. I'm straight piping from the y pipe to the muffler so no cat. Thanks guys :LS1LT1flag:
Just take your time and make sure everything is safe & secure.
I didn't lift the rear wheels up as some writeups seem to suggest.
It's easier than i thought. I've only lifted motors out of the top before now.
Have fun.

Mitch

·
Registered
366 Posts
i JUST pulled mine from the bottom last week. it is very simple just make sure you label the wiring harness plugs even tho the harness is idiot proof (different plugs for things) i did it just to be safe.

also, when your at the point where the car is in the air and you need to get the crane out of the way to roll out the motor, dont use cinder blocks to hold up your car while its almost 45 degrees in the air. i did that and people were saying its dangerous, which i agree

get a GOOD six point 18mm socket with a 1/2 ratchet for the k member bolts, mine were a pain to get out and the extra umph from the 1/2 inch drive helped out a lot.

also a fuel line removal tool goes a long way. i looked at my fuel lines and thought "oh i can remove these without that fancy tool" ..wrong

good luck and be safe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts