LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check this quote out from Dart...

You have spoken and we are responding

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well folks you guys didnt like the 11/32 valves so we are already making a change, although the first forty are already 11/32 and the guys who have them have no issues with them and love the heads, h.p. numbers will soon be floating around. Anyways we decided are going to go right to the 5/16 valve stem diameter and the projected valve weight should be less than the 8mm valves. This should create no disturbance and will still allow you guys to use you springs if you dont like the PSI springs we offer. All you will need is the correct retainer if ours doesnt work. The new retainers for our 11/32 valve were awesome and super light so I am sure the 5/16 piece will also be killer. They are made out of titanium and again are really trick!!

For those that want things a certain way, like using there stock parts, sure thats great buy them without the valve job and have your guys do the work, not a problem, we are flexible!

The valve debate has gone on long enough but to compare a stock valve weighs in at 99 grams, the valves we have weighed that we received from our valve supplier that replaced the LS1 stockers weighed 106 and our regular 11/32 valves we use in our small block heads both ford and chevy weigh 110. With the new 5/16 stuff we should be less than 99grams.

I know you guys have alot of concerns about valve weights, and it has been discussed alot, because of the hydraulic rollers this is an issue. Just to shed some light small fords use the larger 11/32 stems and super heavy hydraulic roller lifters and have no problems up to about 7200 and then the lifters kill the engines. With Crane drop in lifters with linkbars 7800-8000 rpm hasnt been an issue with the 11/32 valves.

Marine big block chevys with super long valves that are extremely heavy run forever making over 1400+ horsepower again with hydraulic rollers and 11/32 valves. There is several Big Chevy engines we know of running hydraulic rollers turning upwards of 7800-8000 rpm with big heavy 11/32 valves with a length of 5.475 and a head diameter of 2.300.

That said we are changing the heads to 5/16 and we will continue to make sure we offer a part that we feel is the best "out fo the box" head available.

We will also jump into the CNC ported versions later this year or early next year! Right now though we feel we are going to fill a market where people dont want to spend alot of money to build a good street strip engine, our out of the box heads will give them an oppurtunity at a lower cost alternative that will flat out meet their expectations.

If you would like pictures feel free to email [email protected] I am not sure what you want out of the pictures but we will gladly forward them to you.

Gentlemen just wait until you start hearing results of guys who use these things you are not going to believe it...
this is just amasing to me... they changed there setup, to make customers happy before they even had any customers!!!

This is customer service on a whole new level.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am seeing that more and more ...

·
Registered
612 Posts
this really shows their character. i would buy from them even if they cost a tad more because of things like this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Now they just need to make some heads for us LT1 guys...

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Dart has really impressed me. So much that my next gen 1 SBC heads just might be DART heads!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep dart is great.. I love my dart block>>and Ive talked to their tech guys a lot about my setup when I was building it...They are ery helpfull.
Ill also say their stuff seems to work out better than the Hardcore or whatever.. >I say this having watched my friend destroy a Motown setup in his e-mod.. >Ill stick with the dart.. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts