LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a thought I had recently.......

My wife has asked me several times recently "what can I get you for Christmas?". In order to provide my wife, who's not very gearhead oriented (Lord knows I DON"T mean that in a negative way!!!!!), with some suggestions I was trying to put together some detailed car part buying information, i.e. model #'s, part #'s, info that she would need about my car and lastly where to make the purchases. All of the sudden it hit me......... It SURE would be cool if some of our wonderful sponsors had special sales events (not sure you could apply the "GP" description here) that catered to our better halves that are trying to put some car parts under the Xmas tree for us but are un-easy about the purchasing process due to their unfamiliarity with our vehicles and such. I believe that I have seen this type of thing in the past where department stores and jewelry stores have set aside special times when husbands or significant others could come in and shop getting special attention and help with gift ideas and purchases.

The way I see this might come together is a sponsor might advertise some token discount and "SPECIAL HELP" with your order, and this would probably best be implimented over the phone. Now I'm not saying that the phone order takers aren't normally extremely helpful but my wife doesn't know a lifter from a rocker arm so maybe some extra effort might be needed but I'd be willing to bet that sponsors that implemented this type of "Special Pre-Christmas Event" (yea, you can use my title) will see measurable sales increases that they would not have without it!

This way all I have to do is give her a general part description AND THE SPONSORS NAME AND PH. # and she can feel fairly assured that she can make the correct purchases! (notice purchase was plural!) $$$$ for the sponsor! She has my list in hand....................

Just a thought.........

·
Registered
95 Posts
That is a great idea and is very similar to what we are planning.Our plan is to get a list including part numbers posted for small items that kids,parents or significant others can purchase.

If anyone has parents or significat others that want to purchase them parts,but don't have the time to search the web for them,we are the answer. We are more then willing to help them with the purchase and make sure they are getting the proper parts.

We are usually in the office Monday-Saturday,but we will be staying opening Sundays too for the 2 weeks prior to Christmas.Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a great idea and is very similar to what we are planning.Our plan is to get a list including part numbers posted for small items that kids,parents or significant others can purchase.

If anyone has parents or significat others that want to purchase them parts,but don't have the time to search the web for them,we are the answer. We are more then willing to help them with the purchase and make sure they are getting the proper parts.

We are usually in the office Monday-Saturday,but we will be staying opening Sundays too for the 2 weeks prior to Christmas.Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have.
Yea Eric, that's the idea! You may be swamped if ya'll end up being the only sponsor to offer this form of assisted gearhead Xmas shopping! But somethin' tells me you won't mind............. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts