LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Freshman year I got my 95' Z28 auto Convt. I could take any one at school.Witch realy pissed the senor guys off. The following year every gut got basicly the same car a 98'-02' LS1 six speeds.The street that I live on is the most raced street in all of town so I was king and soon enough the idiots came out of the wood work they would call me like at two in the morning "come on ED lets race.First i raced my two foot tall friend John In an 02' SS. I get to the line Drop it into first the flag came down and he took me on take off but all u heard was a loud as hall grinding sound and blew by 'em.He's been afraid to race ever since.I took two other friend who couldent shift to save their lives and one bit it into a ditch on a turn.I still reign supreem but I love to be able to say no matter what the car its the better drivers who win races.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ummmmmmmm.....................yeah.................??????????????

·
Registered
993 Posts
lockdun1 said:
its the better drivers who win races.
False statement right there... a guy in a much more powerful car can cut a 2.8 60' at the line and still smoke a pro stock driver in the Geo Metro in the other lane.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Might be one of those super secret special limited edtion releases that made more power than the average one.

·
Registered
166 Posts
OK Im calling it........ :bs:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Raise the flag, raise teh flag..when someones telling a lie you bet-ter raise the flag :bs: (ponchos theme song)

The fact that your lt1 beat an 02ls1 is unlikely unless your modded. Real modded.

LMAO at Vendetta.

·
Registered
71 Posts
either that, or the other drivers dont know how to drive a m6 worth a damn

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well u gotta remember, the one driver of the ls1 is like 2 feet tall. Its hard to drive fast if you cant put the pedal to the floor! :lol: :roflmao:

·
Registered
105 Posts
yeah his car would have to be modded pretty decently..not to mention he is a Vert like me which makes his car heavier...i have a buddy who has a Lt1 which might be a lil quicker then mine but he has just about every bolt on possible but against t-top or hard top lightly modded LS1's he doesn't stand a chance

·
Registered
8 Posts
dustinw said:
either that, or the other drivers dont know how to drive a m6 worth a damn
I think he said that in his story...but it is unlikely

·
Registered
813 Posts
1970judge said:
The fact that your lt1 beat an 02ls1 is unlikely unless your modded. Real modded.
That's not true at all. I have a '95 T/A Vert which you can see in my sig. with the mods. My best friend has a 2000 Camaro SS convertible which is a manual with the Hurst shifter I believe. We went to the track and I expected a very close race with the mods I have. We ran each other 3 or 4 times and I wailed on him. I mean he was lucky if he ran a 14.5 in the 1/4 mile and I think he only ran that once, he mainly ran high 14s/low 15s. Meanwhile I was running low 14s/high 13s. Now my best friend bought this car brand new in 2000 obviously, ordered it from the factory actually and has at least 50,000 miles on it. But he just can't drive a stick when racing. I mean he seems to drive it fine on the street and the car has awesome power I've ridden in it a lot. This was his daily driver until he bought a Ford SUV about 6 months ago. But when racing he just can't shift right. So that part of the story is easily believable to me after that experience. The rest of his story on the other hand...well...

Oh and I have video proof of at least 2 of those 4 races if anyone wants to call BS on this.

·
Registered
105 Posts
your friend must be the worst driver in the world...lol. how the hell did he run 15's in an LS1 :dontknow: i mean seriously my first run ever i was nervous and i actually basically stalled out coming of the line and i still didn't run a 15..that is seriously pitiful...hell people in stock 4 cylinders run 15's but anyway what were his trap speeds in these runs and how in the world did he get those pitiful times...did he bog off the line or did he not get any traction or something??? I have a friend that peeled out everywhere coming off the line in his 02 Trans am and he actually ran a 16 but his trap speed was 107mph..the next run he ran a [email protected] and by the way his car was basically stock.

·
Registered
813 Posts
quiet_storm98 said:
your friend must be the worst driver in the world...lol. how the hell did he run 15's in an LS1 :dontknow: i mean seriously my first run ever i was nervous and i actually basically stalled out coming of the line and i still didn't run a 15..that is seriously pitiful...hell people in stock 4 cylinders run 15's but anyway what were his trap speeds in these runs and how in the world did he get those pitiful times...did he bog off the line or did he not get any traction or something??? I have a friend that peeled out everywhere coming off the line in his 02 Trans am and he actually ran a 16 but his trap speed was 107mph..the next run he ran a [email protected] and by the way his car was basically stock.
Hahaha, first run he totally just panicked I guess. He started out in like 3rd gear...I've never seen a car take off so slow. Then he hit the brakes way before the finish line and had a trap speed of 60 something mph. I remember the trap speed because I teased him that he didn't have to obey the speed limit on the dragstrip. I don't have a video of this race I wasn't racing him just watching.

The second and third time he did much better and was racing me and actually took me off the line in the third race. But he always had trouble shifting from 2nd to 3rd and I'd just blow by him. I have the timeslips at home...I'm not sure of his trap speeds exactly but they were in the 90s at best. What's funny is when I drive with him on the street he appears to shift pretty well...but that's coming from one who admits he sucks at shifting and sticks to automatics! ;) I'll post the video when I get a chance in the video section if you want to see. But after that I figure anyone driving a stick who doesn't know what they're doing can be beaten by an A4 pretty easily no matter what's under the hood.

I used to run down at Maryland International Raceway years ago, and a lot of the 'kids' who use to run down there couldn't shift a go kart never mind a car. I raced this one guy who dialed in a 15.7, which matched my dial in time in my old '78 Buick tank. I took off and I don't know what he was doing but he ran a 17 something! It was hysterical becuz he was bragging to his friends about how he was gonna win the trophy just minutes before!!

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Nice. Its cool to see one of these posts where everyone is calling BS settled.

·
Registered
105 Posts
BLACK KNIGHT said:
The video I promised:

http://www.premiumrc.com/TransAm/TAvsSS.wmv

Enjoy!

Found a timeslip from one of the races...I think the first one in the video. At the 60' he had a 2.18 to my 2.29 but in the 1/4 I ran a 14.24 @101 to his 14.59 @ 97.
lmao..he must be a horrible driver..i got a 60' worse then his but i ran a [email protected] so he can't drive at all...and i thought i was a bad driver :roflmao:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts