LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum - My son has a 95 T/A LT1 bone stock, for Christmas I wanted to get him a small add on to add a few HP and had a question.

Is a cat back good?
or is just a high flow muffler better?

K&N CA legal air intake kit?

Any other thoughts around that price range that may help a little?

He is excited, just got his license and saved to buy the trans am.

Thanks,

Toby

·
Global Moderator
13,678 Posts
The cat back system is an improvement over the high flow muffler. The intake will give a couple of extra horses, but cat back will free up more horses than intake.

You might want to add some Calif legal short tube headers tro make exhaust flow the better. Also a tune for car's pcm should gain you some extra horses.

Add a hotter cam would be the best bang for the buck. Nothing extreme, but a cam like the lt4 hot cam or maybe a little bit more would perk car up.

In the sticky threads of lt1/lt4/l99 section, you'll find a cam selection tutorial.

However, turning a 16 year old loose on even a stock trans am is an awesome responsibility. Even stock it has 0 to 60 time of under 6 sections and is capable of speed in excess of 140 mph.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Forum - My son has a 95 T/A LT1 bone stock, for Christmas I wanted to get him a small add on to add a few HP and had a question.

Is a cat back good?
or is just a high flow muffler better?

K&N CA legal air intake kit?

Any other thoughts around that price range that may help a little?

He is excited, just got his license and saved to buy the trans am.

Thanks,

Toby
Hello. The SLP Performance FloPac Cold Air Induction System (SLP Performance 21047) would be a great father/son project and easy to install. all you really need is a dremel for precise cutting. This was an easy install for me. FYI. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts