LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just started doing this, when it is running I checked all the pressures and its all good. After several car starts the compressor will not kick on. Then I have to do a battery hard reset and it works again for awhile then repeats. Then a battery reset again. Has someone run into this before. The compressor is fine and works as it should when its on. No leaks at all.
It is a 95 Formula LT1 M6.

Thanks

·
Global Moderator
13,218 Posts
Have you installed one of the other relays to see if relay might be the fault?

If relay doesn't fix the problem, put car on obd 1 scanner that does real time sensor data. Monitor the compressor command on signal from pcm. See if it switches to "off" when compressor cuts out.

If you don't have an obd 1 scanner, wew have the free pc based obd 1 scan program called "scan9495" Get at www.mediafire.com/?0elo4c935uc5s

Get the newest version in the v8 folder.

You will need a cable to connect car's aldl to usb port of pc. Get the 16 pin obd 1 cable at OBD Diagnostics

If compressor on command from pcm is good you might need to download the 95 service manual and check the wiring. You can get the 95 manual at www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

·
Registered
495 Posts
My car is doing something similar the compressor works when you put power directly to it but won't come on by itself. Maybe you just have a bad relay like coco said that would be an easy fix. Mines not that easy lol

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yeah my car has enough refrigerant the pressure reading was good. Initially I thought it may have shut down because the pressure was too low. I think he meant reset the pcm when he said reset the battery but I could be wrong.

·
Global Moderator
13,218 Posts
As far as pressure is concerned, you must take pressure readings with compressor running. If you take pressure with compressor not running, you will get a false high pressure reading. Just making sure everyone is on the same page.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pressures taken when compressor running, dico bat leads yes. Unfortunately I dont have the time to buy cables ect and diagnose. Its my DD at this time and its hotter than hades at this time. I was just hoping someone here had run into this before and could offer help. It seems at this time to stop working when the car has been running for awhile and the engine bay is hot. I am going go take it in and pay LOL. Thanks everyone and Im going to get the cables and software for future stuff which Im sure there will be more of. Pic of my car......

·
Registered
1 Posts
The refrigerator compressor works in a similar way to the air conditioner. I recently started having problems with the air conditioning and given the summer heat it was terrible and I was in a panic until I bumped into the guys from socool.sg. They turned out to be real professionals. I learned about them from a friend of mine who works as a consultant in a store and his opinion of this company was extremely positive. The socool.sg company, known in Singapore for air conditioning service, specializes in servicing and repairing air conditioners and besides they support most of the brands such like Mitshubishi, Daikin, Panasonic, Samsung, Fujitshu, Midea, Sanyo, York, Toshiba, Quarry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts